Anyone use the HDMI Output on their 2520?

ddunn

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I picked up a micro to standard HDMI cable today @ Best Buy to use my 2520 to run a presentation Tuesday. Can't make it detect any external display. Tried my HDMI monitor and my TV, no dice. Nokia's online chat was "reboot" "try a different cable" not really much help. I tried powering off/on both monitors and the tablet, both while they were connected and separately... no dice.

Any ideas? I DREAD another trip to Best Buy after everyone is off work

boasist

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
No issues here, I bought a micro hdmi to full size hdmi cable and have used it a few times without issue.

I have the TV on and set to the proper input, plug in the cable to both devices and the image pops up. I didn't experience any issues like you have.

ddunn

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
interesting. I went back to BB today, and tested on their monitor(s) with my cable and another one from the shelf, same issues. I went to Verizon and tried my tablet and their display tablet to one of their monitors, couldn't get anything out of either one of them. I'm going to contact Nokia (again) and see. Is the cable you have thick like a normal HDMI cable or is it one of the thinner ones? I'm wondering if the 2520 doesn't like the thinner cable, or it has something to do with the DRM scheme

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you need to make a change in the display setting?. I know on my laptops when I plug in a display, I have to tell it to display on the external display. Try going into settings from the charm bar, and then into change PC settings. From there go into Display. Maybe there you can find an option to choose the external display.

ddunn

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
After trying 3 different cables I found one that worked. Not sure what the difference is/was (guessing some form of DRM not allowing the HDMI signal to pass properly)

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
After trying 3 different cables I found one that worked. Not sure what the difference is/was (guessing some form of DRM not allowing the HDMI signal to pass properly)

I'd suggest specifying which cable worked here in the forum and if you know the names of the cables that did not work tell us that as well.....

ddunn

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
The ones that did not work were Rocketfish (from Best Buy) The one that actually did work was from Staples. It was on a clearance shelf, grabbed it just to test

t.mehoves

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I had this one already to plug into my PC to share to my TV so I tried it on my 2520. It works flawlessly. You do not need to tell it about the display, it will see it and mirror auto.

[URL="https://goto.walmart.com/c/1943169/612734/9383?sharedid=159229&subId1=UUwpUvbUpU2251118&subId2=vbwp&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.walmart.com%2Fip%2FBelkin-AV10120-06-Tablet-to-HDTV-Cable%2F24497055%22]Belkin AV10120-06 HDMI to Micro HDMI M/M Cable, 6': Computers : Walmart.com[/URL]

You will need to change your power options on the tablet to never turn off display as when the tablet display turns off, it stops transmitting over the cable also.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I just got a new tv and 2520. My problem is sometimes the image and then other times the sound. So when it does play the movie it won't play sound. I found this to be true for some apps in particular like Metrotube. Netflix is fine for the most part.

What cable did you buy? Maybe that's my problem. I hope they get on this. I don't want Nokia to get a bad name.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok so my cable works great. It must have been a problem with my inlaws' setup. I tested at home tonight and my cable from Amazon works perfectly!

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
So I'm having a problem with my audio input on my Nokia products (both my 2520 and 920). When I plug in an ear piece or speakers I only get sound from one speaker. Has anybody here experienced this? Fixes?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb