Lumia 810 saga continues...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
So I fixed the micro USB port, got all my apps, synced up contacts, email, SMS, music etc, installed the screen protector, put on a new battery case and was ready to start using this as the daily driver. First things first, I called T-Mobile to unlock the phone once I verified that the IMEI was clear. Well guess what? In all the excitement about the flawless condition of the phone - sans the micro USB issue - I had not made a single call on the phone. Alas the microphone was bad near the charging port, so in a nutshell I can only use the phone as a speakerphone or with a headset with a mic in it:cry:

Contacted the seller on eBay late last night, he agreed to refund me money since he sold the remaining 810 units he had in stock, grrrr.....

Found another one on eBay today morning, in slightly worse shape externally and with the same micro USB issue. But I have a spare micro USB port and know how to fix it. So I will post and update once I get that phone and is all fixed up with a new battery cover and Nokia peripherals. So I still will end up with a Lumia 810 in mint condition just a lot of inconvenience to get started but well worth the DIY learning curve.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I agree... Just tweet @nokiacareus and tell them the charging port is out. They will issue an RMA and email over a 2nd day air return label. You'll get the phone back in about a week.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the warranty concerns dear WPC Forum members. It does not apply to phones bought on eBay for a fraction of the original cost.

Anyway here is an update:

Phone 1 - Port replaced on PC Board and worked great. Except the phone had a bad microphone so returned to seller on eBay and got a full refund. But between the part cost and return shipping cost, I am $8 in the red :-( Labor of course cannot be recovered in these scenarios so.....

Phone 2 - Port actually fixed without replacing. Soldering the pin wires again seemed to do the trick. Phone is charging right now as we speak. This one I might come out ahead. Stay tuned for the details.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Nothing to do with the 810, you realize. Your experience could be any brand of phone. You are lucky you had a good seller on phone #1. I had a similar experience, he replaced a bad one with another.

I also lucked out in that both phones had problems with an SD card installed. They would boot, then auto reboot. On a whim, I checked to see about warranty, now on phone #2, and I had ten days left! I got it back about ten days after I shipped it out, their dime, and it's great.

Good luck

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Happy to report Lumia 810 is working just fine now and was sold a few days ago. Am onto my third Lumia 810. Fixed two 822 phones with bad charging ports as well and gave them to friends to try out WP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo