Ideal video encoding format

Simon Hinton

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hiya, been mucking around for ages trying to get smooth video playing back on my 900 that i've synced from my PC. Short clips mainly.

Encoding them with .h264 at VBR 1500kbs for video, and VBR 192kbs double channel AAC for audio, at 856 x 480 resolution, 24fps. Each ends up around 20 megs for a three minute video. However, even at a low quality setting like this, i probably get no more than 15 frames per second and playback is inconsistently choppy all the way through playback. Recorded 720p content directly from the device seems to play back perfect, as does 720p video downloaded from metrotube. The source video plays back fine on the PC and through Zune perfect. Zune doesn't touch the file for re-encoding so there isnt anything going on there.

I'm a bit stumped - do you guys have the same problems?

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hiya, been mucking around for ages trying to get smooth video playing back on my 900 that i've synced from my PC. Short clips mainly.

Encoding them with .h264 at VBR 1500kbs for video, and VBR 192kbs double channel AAC for audio, at 856 x 480 resolution, 24fps. Each ends up around 20 megs for a three minute video. However, even at a low quality setting like this, i probably get no more than 15 frames per second and playback is inconsistently choppy all the way through playback. Recorded 720p content directly from the device seems to play back perfect, as does 720p video downloaded from metrotube. The source video plays back fine on the PC and through Zune perfect. Zune doesn't touch the file for re-encoding so there isnt anything going on there.

I'm a bit stumped - do you guys have the same problems?

Not sure about if it applies to WP7, but I copied a .m4v file to my 1020 and it plays absolutely fine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers