When is the Cyan Lumia 2520 coming out???

GrapeEyes

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the Lumia 1520 in white on the 7th December and I am truly glad I purchased it.

My Lumia 920 has no chance against the Lumia 1520, amazing screen, nice feel in the hands, just fantastic!!

However I want to purchase the Lumia 2520 in Cyan but can't find it anywhere? I don't want any of the other colours for my tablet.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a Cyan Lumia 2520 or when it will be released? I promise to put you on my Christmas list :wink:

FayPresto

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
When you find out let me know.
Whyohwhyohwhy can't they get something right? Those turtle necked muppets at apple would not get something so fundamental - wrong. They release an ad knocking Apple and then no-one in England is selling the keyboard and nobody anywhere has the range of vibrant colours they promised in their press release Straight down the slipway and keeps going to the bottom leaving naught but a stream of bubbles.

They make it so hard to stay loyal.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
To be honest I don't think we will be seeing the cyan and white version any time soon possible late Q1 2014 and early Q2 2014 or never. As the nokia rep I spoke to in the John Lewis Store at Westfields (UK) said he heard that the higher ups are testing the market and will only release the other colours if they feel it is viable. Lets not forget the only other OEM in the RT market is Microsoft whereas all the other OEMs have abandoned it in favour for Win 8 x86 tablets. I so want the white 2520 with the black power keyboard, oh speaking of the power keyboard the same rep said it should released in the UK in January. Nokia Press would neither confirm or decline when I asked them for a confirmation when the other colours of the 2520 and power keyboard would be released.

Here is the extract from the email they sent:

"Thank you for contacting us with your concern.

Regarding your concern, Nokia cannot give any exact dates when a certain device is starting to sell in a certain country. Within one country there also can be differences, ie. exclusivity agreements with operators (Orange, Vodafone, T Mobile, etc.), so that a new model is only available by one operator for a certain period of time and only then going to general retail and/or other operators (same for colours ? if a customer wants a certain colour it can be bound to operator exclusivity agreements).

Also, even within the same operator the availability depends on the size of the shipments, usually reaching first the big stores and later on smaller stores. Some phones are sold in lower quantities. In general, we as Nokia can?t give a general statement when Nokia (Lumia 2520) will be available for your Country. We suggest you to check our website Mobile devices - Best Smartphones and Tablets - Nokia - UK and operator(s) for the availability of the handset and accessories.

If you have any further questions or require assistance, you may call our Customer Care hotline at 0845-045-5555, Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm (with exception to bank and public holidays) we will be more than happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Jem
Nokia Service Professional
UK & Ireland Team"

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
As the nokia rep I spoke to in the John Lewis Store at Westfields (UK) said he heard that the higher ups are testing the market and will only release the other colours if they feel it is viable.

This sounds like a really dumb idea. They already have made the Cyan as was demoed in a YouTube video and their ads show other colors. One would think that they would want to see how a tablet would do with all the colors to make the sales higher than with only one color.

OT: is the pronunciation of colour in the UK the same as color in the US? Ignoring any accent differences, of course.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It is and given that Nokia absurdly have done an exclusive agreement with John Lewis - a retailer, which is pretty moronic and defies any business plus marketing logic so it is plausible. It's an amazing device with insane viewing angles but these decisions are not only leaving us consumers / prosumers bewildered but their front line staff as well.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It is and given that Nokia absurdly have done an exclusive agreement with John Lewis - a retailer, which is pretty moronic and defies any business plus marketing logic so it is plausible. It's an amazing device with insane viewing angles but these decisions are not only leaving us consumers / prosumers bewildered but their front line staff as well.
They do it for the same reason there are carrier exclusives in the US.
Simply put, monetary and advertising benefits. Business logic, yes, because you only have to ship to one retailer. Marketing logic may exist as well, if John Lewis decides to market this well...

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
They do it for the same reason there are carrier exclusives in the US.
Simply put, monetary and advertising benefits. Business logic, yes, because you only have to ship to one retailer. Marketing logic may exist as well, if John Lewis decides to market this well...
I guess if they were trying to save money then yeah, regardless John Lewis is an absurd choice as Carphone warehouse would have been a better option at least then there would have been larger scope for marketing i.e bundle offers, data plan packages. Whereas john lewis only stock one nokia phone.... and its not even a recent model lol.

immyperez

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the Lumia 1520 in white on the 7th December and I am truly glad I purchased it.

My Lumia 920 has no chance against the Lumia 1520, amazing screen, nice feel in the hands, just fantastic!!

However I want to purchase the Lumia 2520 in Cyan but can't find it anywhere? I don't want any of the other colours for my tablet.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a Cyan Lumia 2520 or when it will be released? I promise to put you on my Christmas list :wink:

I spoke to Nokia and they confirmed that Cyan version will not be released in the UK :/

They confirmed that the white would eventually become available (currently John Lewis hold exclusivity for selling and only have black or red). Also, I spoke to John Lewis...they have NO plans to stock the white :'(

The only place I have found so far stocking the Cyan (coming soon) is handtec.co.uk but Nokia UK won't cover it under their standard 2 year warranty unless it's an EU model. I have emailed handtec for confirmation of this.

Tbh...the whole thing is a clusterf**k imo...I'm still raging at the fact there are no plans period for a yellow to match my 1020 and purity pros! :-o

EDIT: JUST RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE FROM HANDTEC

'Dear I****, Please be advised that all of our stock is sourced from either the UK or European market therefore all device will be covered by the full manufacturers warranty, please note however that we do not currently have the Nokia 2520 available in stock with it only currently available for pre-order. We are awaiting a confirmed date from our suppliers for the arrival of this device so please could you advise us if there would be an alternative you would be interested in so we can check availability, thank you for your co-operation. Kind Regards. Chris. Handtec customer care.'

Last edited:

kevincrump

May 12, 2014
Visit site
For some reason, I am confident that Nokia will release the Cyan versions for Lumia 2520 in the near future. I am holding out from buying any other color until they do. That's how much I love the cyan! I know they won't have it here in the U.S. but I will get it from whatever country they decide to release it in. Also, I have a feeling they are purposely holding out on the color knowing that it is the most popular. You would think they would put out the most popular first, but oh well. They used Cyan when they were doing their preview show in Abu Dhabi! Why would they use the color for such a major show, but not put it out for purchase? I just don't understand that logic, unless they were trying to save the best for last. That's my take. Maybe others have a more informed interpretation about what's going on.

k.

kevincrump

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I don't know why I am having a strong feeling that they will. I know I heard about white for sure to come out eventually. I always stop in to see the 2520 in the black in my local AT&T store although I have TMobile. But as tempting as it is to just go on and get the red or black, I know as soon as I do, the cyan will appear. Then I will be mad! haha So my deep gut feeling is telling me to wait it out, and search the net on occasion to see if a certain region will have them. And if they will, it will most likely be only a few cyan tablets available for sale. So one would need to be ready to snap it up if and when they're out there...

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm afraid the 2520's lackluster sales with ATT and Verizon, along with the international charger issues, and competing directly against Microsoft's Surface may have done the 2520 in. Perhaps some of the 2520's tech makes it into future Surface tablets; best screen, fast charge, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos