Nokia Lumia 2520 DLNA

keva1

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi I hope this isnt a silly question.

I have recently purchased a Nokia 2520, I use a HTC One as my phone. Am I able to play videos from the HTC One onto the 2520 using DLNA?

When I use the media player option on the HTC One it picks up my Smart TV as it is connected to the wireless network in my house, but for some reason it doesnt pick up my tablet. Is this not possible to do??

Also I thought I could browse files on my phone if I add the HTC One as a device on my wireless network. It doesnt seem to find/connect to it though......

PLEASE HELP!.....MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE =)

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi I hope this isnt a silly question.

I have recently purchased a Nokia 2520, I use a HTC One as my phone. Am I able to play videos from the HTC One onto the 2520 using DLNA?

When I use the media player option on the HTC One it picks up my Smart TV as it is connected to the wireless network in my house, but for some reason it doesnt pick up my tablet. Is this not possible to do??

Also I thought I could browse files on my phone if I add the HTC One as a device on my wireless network. It doesnt seem to find/connect to it though......

PLEASE HELP!.....MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE =)

I don't have a 2520 so I wouldn't know, but have a look into this app, that turns your device into a DLNA receiver: PlayTo Receiver app for Windows in the Windows Store

Shaz2012

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You don't really need a DLNA player APP on the lumia 2520 or surface RT. If the files are kept on a share drive, all you have to do is switch to the desktop mode and map the network share as a drive and then you can access the videos and run them from there.

keva1

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

Yeah I didn't think of that. Set it up yesterday and works like a treat. The only reason i was thinking of using DLNA was if I wanted to stream something for my Android phone. For that I used the app recommedned above and it worked. Thanks for they replay guys =)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12