2520 HDMI Output

reykjavik2014

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
So I recently tried my Lumia with an HDMI output to my TV. It seems to cut off about a quarter of an inch from all sides. Not such a big deal, but looked at all the settings and can't seem to figure out how to fix this. Is this a problem on the TV end? Lumia end? Not really a problem at all?

MikeF74

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Many TVs have different scaling modes you can cycle through. 16:9, "Movie", "True Fit", all the manufacturers have different names. I bet you just need to find that button on your remote, on my Samsung it's "P.Size"

reykjavik2014

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, for some reason that option on my TV is "X"ed out. hmm..... perhaps Ill try it on a different TV. Its not all that big a deal I suppose.

bmarsden

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
What's native resolution of your TV?

If you're mirroring your tablet's screen onto your TV, then the default (for all devices -- computers, tablets, etc...) is to use a single frame buffer, this means that the resolution on your tablet (1920x1080) will be exactly what gets put onto your TV. If your TV isn't 1080p or isn't a 16:9 tv, then it will probably scale the video signal (which is what you're probably seeing with the black bars) to fit whatever native aspect ratio it has.

You can test this by telling your 2520 to output to the TV ONLY (not mirror)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss