gblinckmann

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this suggestion, John. I heard you suggesting this on the podcast and got one, too. It's like this case is made for the Encore. The only real issue I see is for anyone wanting to use the cameras. The rear one gets completely blocked and the front one gets somewhat blocked.

gblinckmann

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else tried an OTG Y cable to charge the device while it's connected to a hub? That would be really cool with a DisplayLink device. Has anyone gotten one of them to work with this?

Noxxle

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I often have to tap multiple times before a click registers. Anyone else notice this? I didn't have the same problem with the V8Pro.

breadbun

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I often have to tap multiple times before a click registers. Anyone else notice this? I didn't have the same problem with the V8Pro.

Yes, I have the exact same issue, happening in both modern ui and desktop mode - gets quite frustrating after a while. I hope this can be solved with an update.

Another couple of issues I have:

- The screen is very smeary... either I have very oily hands or this screen isn't particularly resistant to fingerprints and smudges.
- The default font size of the modern ui is too small for me and can't be changed. The font sizes in some apps are also too small and not always changeable (eg. Mail, NextGen Reader, etc)

Maybe I'm not suited to an 8in Windows tablet, finding it a bit of a struggle at the moment!

UWbadgers16

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else seeing the click issue? I'm thinking about buying a Toshiba Encore after keyboard issues with the Lenovo Miix 2 and Dell Venue 8 Pro.

interiorlulu

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Thinking of picking one of these up. Anybody advise if it will recognise usb items such as my Nokia 1020 to transfer media like on a laptop? Thanks.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Thinking of picking one of these up. Anybody advise if it will recognise usb items such as my Nokia 1020 to transfer media like on a laptop? Thanks.

I'm getting an Encore, tomorrow ($185 from Craigslist!!!).
If you get one of the USB OTG host adapters (<$5 on ebay), it should work, just fine.
I wonder if getting a micro-USB - micro-USB cable would work without an adapter?
I would think so.
JJ

anon(5340153)

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site

I often have to tap multiple times on links in IE. The first few taps are registered as the link is highlighted/underlined, but it does not bring me to the new page. Very annoying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion