How do you manage Verizon prepaid account on Lumia 2520?

Matthew Miller

Aug 6, 2004
nokiaexperts.com
I bought a Verizon Nokia Lumia 2520 from the Microsoft Store online and it arrived without a SIM card. I went to the local Verizon store and they gave me a SIM while signing me up for the $30/month 2GB prepaid option. They were clueless on how to use the Lumia 2520, no surprise there, and kept it in airplane mode while saying it should connect and be provisioned soon. I took the 2520 and showed them how to turn off airplane mode and make the connection via LTE.

So it now runs fine with LTE and I am all set. However, I used the prepaid option on my iPad before and would pay for a month here and there when I knew I would be traveling or on the road a lot. The Verizon app on the Lumia 2520 is pretty lame and just gives you status indicators, from what I can find. I have yet to be able to manage the SIM and my prepaid account. The My Verizon app won't let me sign up for an account to manage it either.

Has anyone bought a Verizon 2520 and can explain to me how to manage their prepaid account?

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Also got mine from MS Store. I went Verizon store and signed up for a one day $5 plan to get the SIM. in order to add time, you need to sign up on the website, as the app doesn't work for some reasons. use the "phone" number your account is associated with, and IMEI number etc, and sign up an account. when you are connected to the Verizon LTE, a balance icon should pop up on the app, showing how much is left. it sometimes also gives you a pop up notification to add money/data to the account.

Matthew Miller

Aug 6, 2004
nokiaexperts.com
I tried that, but when I get to the point where they ask for the SIM ID and enter it then I get an error to call customer service. I did that, but then they tell me to go to a local store to work out the issues. Really a terrible experience with Verizon so far. They also previously billed me $540 for a Lumia 2520 order that they cancelled and never sent in time for the free keyboard offer. Maybe I should just return everything and get an iPad :(

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I tried that, but when I get to the point where they ask for the SIM ID and enter it then I get an error to call customer service. I did that, but then they tell me to go to a local store to work out the issues. Really a terrible experience with Verizon so far. They also previously billed me $540 for a Lumia 2520 order that they cancelled and never sent in time for the free keyboard offer. Maybe I should just return everything and get an iPad :(

What is the URL of the website u tried to register? it did that to me too, but I went on another one and it worked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos