My crazy experience with my 521.

Cody Paris

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
While the Nokia Lumia 521 is a Nokia, whose phones have reputations of being able to take a beating, I recently had my 521 fall into my kitchen sink while I was doing dishes. I quickly wiped it clean with Q-tips, and tested everything; speakers, headphone jack, and charger port. All worked. It never crossed my mind to put it in rice.

Long story short, the Charger Port did not work after a few hours and my 521 died. I thought I had just wasted $100 on a phone for it to break like that.

Note, I bought it off contract and did the preview for developers so any warranty I had was long gone.

So I looked high and low across Google and Bing for 3rd Party repair stations. Then I searched here on the WP Central forums. Someone else sent in their phone to Nokia, and received a brand new unit. I sent it out the next day, which was last Thursday around 5:00, and thanks to UPS holiday shipping, Nokia just now got my Phone. Since then, I have been using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 running Android 4.2.2 and it just feels inadequate. Here's hoping to getting my phone back before 2014. *fingers crossed*

Lumiant

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
That's a great shame, i know how it is using an android in the meantime... And well it's new years. Any feedback yet?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb