Lumia 520\521 driving the WP8 market?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Been reading a lot of WP stuff since September when by pure impulse I bought a Lumia 521.
In this short time I've noticed quite a few new to WP8 people touting the OS saying it's easy to pilot and mentioning how much fun they are having.
I ended up buying another 521 and an unlocked 8X also (mostly for the camera)
For me and any other person I've noticed in public using a WP8 device the mood seems upbeat.

I was wondering how many with the low end models are seriously planning upgrading to high end devices after having a520\521?
Have these low end phones kicked a large hole in the consumer wall for Nokia and Microsoft?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I know a lot of people who have a 52x phone and are willing to upgrade simply because of the 1GB restriction for some apps.

They're betting that this won't really get better for some time, so why not? I'm looking forward to upgrading too.

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
As much as I love the 521, I would love to upgrade to another device. Just something slightly larger, with a better camera. Mostly the camera.

Don't get me wrong, this takes great pictures. It really does. I just miss having a front facing camera, or a flash. Mostly a flash...Front facing camera is a bonus perk for me, really.

If this screen was slightly bigger (4.5 maybe?) and I had a flash, I'd probably keep this phone until it died. I'm not a gamer on my phone. So the 1gb ram restriction doesn't bother me much.

XP1

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
This month, the Nokia 521 became my first smartphone. I bought like 12 of the Nokia 520/521. They are less than $50 each!

Jim Bob4

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
My 521 is a handy gem and introduced me to wphone. My next phone will be a 1020 sometime in the next year if the price is right. Otherwise I am having fun with the 521.🎅🎄🎁⛄😊

hawonjung

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have 521 and decided to upgrade to Motorola MotoX. As much as I love WP, I am a heavy google user... Wish WP is as good as iOS when it comes to google.

I am going to keep my lumia 52- though. I cannot part with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lumiant

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
This is actually my first ever windows phone, it was so cheap and right i just jumped shipped. i bought it off eBay for $45 and had a stuck gear at boot problem. Nokia Suit took care of it and it's a great phone!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Where were those numbers I had seen recently about the 520 being the best selling WP?
Thought I read it here someplace.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Where were those numbers I had seen recently about the 520 being the best selling WP?
Thought I read it here someplace.

For sure, great phone, it's my travel phone. Have 8.1 on it with a 64Gb SD card, works perfectly, and if it gets broken it's under a hundred bucks to replace!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium