How to you reinstall Nokia exclusive apps?

Campater

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello - apparently the performance of Nokia Camera and Storyteller are improved by a reinstall. The only problem is that Storyteller is (for whatever unknown reason) is no longer available in the store. Is there any other way of reinstalling it - perhaps from the list of apps associated with my account?

Last edited:

rsud93

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Note, the above suggestion doesn't work. I was experiencing problems with Nokia Storyteller, so I uninstalled it unaware that it was removed from the store. When I went into the My Apps tab, the app page was still there but when I clicked Install, a message popped up saying I couldn't install it because it wasn't available anymore. The only way I could get the app back was to reset my device... luckily I just got my device so I didn't lose much data. I would wait until the app is available again before uninstalling, or try updating the app if you haven't yet out of the box.

Campater

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Note, the above suggestion doesn't work. I was experiencing problems with Nokia Storyteller, so I uninstalled it unaware that it was removed from the store. When I went into the My Apps tab, the app page was still there but when I clicked Install, a message popped up saying I couldn't install it because it wasn't available anymore. The only way I could get the app back was to reset my device... luckily I just got my device so I didn't lose much data. I would wait until the app is available again before uninstalling, or try updating the app if you haven't yet out of the box.

Ah ha, thank you. Looks like I was right to be cautious then. Have you been able to get the current RT version of Storyteller to talk to your phone at all? Mine will not. Once I pair via NFC, I get a message on my phone saying an app wants to open Nokia Share, even though it is already open, and I just end up going around in circles....my phone is a pre-Black 1020. Perhaps GDR3/ Black will fix this annoying glitch when it reaches the rest of the world

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok, sorry for giving false info

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
You can right click/highlight an app's tile on your Windows 8 device and then use the share charm to share a link to the app in the store. As stated above, when you do this for Storyteller, the link takes you to an "app is no longer available" page. I wonder what the story from Nokia is?

Campater

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
You can right click/highlight an app's tile on your Windows 8 device and then use the share charm to share a link to the app in the store. As stated above, when you do this for Storyteller, the link takes you to an "app is no longer available" page. I wonder what the story from Nokia is?

Thanks, yes. We'll have to wait and see I suppose

JACK 1

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
from the responce they gave me at nokia chat, they have pulled the app from the store and are working on it, they do not have a date as to whenj it will return

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786