When will Black Arrive for the Verizon 822?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe so. This tool appears to be aimed at recovering your phone rather than updating it. I *think* it only recovers to the latest version already installed on your phone.

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe so. This tool appears to be aimed at recovering your phone rather than updating it. I *think* it only recovers to the latest version already installed on your phone.
Pity then. I miss the option to update the phone using USB cable in WP7

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I do think that Verizon is really just waiting for the Lumia Icon to be released before releasing Black to the consumers

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 822, Windows Phone 8

dabigdragon

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Hate to have to post this, but if it's true, I wanna get it out there:

Bad news Lumia 810 AND 822 owners: Nokia confirmed No Lumia Black.! : windowsphone

According to this Reddit user, he spoke with a Nokia Customer Support rep who says Verizon will NOT be releasing Lumia Black to the 822.
Same goes for T-Mobile and their equivalent of that model phone. The 810, I guess.

If true, this SUCKS. Also, if that line about Verizon not wanting Nokia to change the update status page to "Not Available" to avoid backlash is true, that's a very **** move.

If this turns out to be accurate, I'm hoping to high heaven they won't pull the same thing once Windows Phone 8.1 comes out.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Hate to have to post this, but if it's true, I wanna get it out there:

Bad news Lumia 810 AND 822 owners: Nokia confirmed No Lumia Black.! : windowsphone

According to this Reddit user, he spoke with a Nokia Customer Support rep who says Verizon will NOT be releasing Lumia Black to the 822.
Same goes for T-Mobile and their equivalent of that model phone. The 810, I guess.

If true, this SUCKS. Also, if that line about Verizon not wanting Nokia to change the update status page to "Not Available" to avoid backlash is true, that's a very **** move.

If this turns out to be accurate, I'm hoping to high heaven they won't pull the same thing once Windows Phone 8.1 comes out.

And people always tell me go to Verizon or T-Mobile they have great phones and service. For windows phones there is a reason I stay with At&t, as they are the premier partner and this shows you why. They work with Nokia and at least push out a couple updates, it may not be fast but they will push it out eventually. Verizon is about it's droids and the IPhone, they even do the android phones the same way on updates. T-Mobile is an industry farce which pulls in people that want a cheap service, but you get what you pay for. T-Mobile is the same as the others and just use a better camouflage to hide what it is.

I stay with At&t because it is the middle ground and they at least put a little effort into it when it comes to windows phones. If I was some people I wouldn't even trust Verizon or T-Mobile unless the phone comes with windows Phone 8.1 onboard. Just don't expect them to give much support after it is released though.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
And people always tell me go to Verizon or T-Mobile they have great phones and service. For windows phones there is a reason I stay with At&t, as they are the premier partner and this shows you why. They work with Nokia and at least push out a couple updates, it may not be fast but they will push it out eventually. Verizon is about it's droids and the IPhone, they even do the android phones the same way on updates. T-Mobile is an industry farce which pulls in people that want a cheap service, but you get what you pay for. T-Mobile is the same as the others and just use a better camouflage to hide what it is.

I stay with At&t because it is the middle ground and they at least put a little effort into it when it comes to windows phones. If I was some people I wouldn't even trust Verizon or T-Mobile unless the phone comes with windows Phone 8.1 onboard. Just don't expect them to give much support after it is released though.

This info comes from some random guy. I would take it with a grain of salt until someone reputable confirms it.

safesax2002

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Got this tweet from VZW Support:

Thanks for your inquiry. I don't currently have any details on if or when the Lumia 822 will receive this update. ^MSF

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed on VZW, Advanced Devices - Software Updates | Verizon Wireless page that the 822 has an Last Updated as today. Signs of black being released today? Last week the date was 02/2013 (don't remember the exact date).

Also it seems the 'Benefits of Software Upgrade' pdf has been update as well, http://support.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/lumia822.pdf. Lists the software version as 3051.40000.1352.0042 (which is higher version than my 822 with Update 3 preview installed). Screenshots show's Nokia Camera, Storyteller and Glance with notifications (email, phone, sms, etc.) as well.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed on VZW, Advanced Devices - Software Updates | Verizon Wireless page that the 822 has an Last Updated as today. Signs of black being released today? Last week the date was 02/2013 (don't remember the exact date).

Also it seems the 'Benefits of Software Upgrade' pdf has been update as well, http://support.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/lumia822.pdf. Lists the software version as 3051.40000.1352.0042 (which is higher version than my 822 with Update 3 preview installed). Screenshots show's Nokia Camera, Storyteller and Glance with notifications (email, phone, sms, etc.) as well.

Anyone that thought we weren't getting it, well, here's proof that we are.

I hope this is coming out in stages, because I haven't received it yet.

You haven't received it yet because it's not out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire