Waiting for your free keyboard? Post here!

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend the IllumniShield Screen protectors on Amazon. The Lumia 2520 screen has no oleophobic coating on it, and when I was using mine it would have touchscreen problems. I bought the IlumniShield screen protector which are oleophobic and that solved the problem of the fingerprints and the touchscreen issue, plus you can really see the screen clearly and effectively, especially with the ClearBlack display.
I just replaced the antireflective BodyGuardz screen protector with the IllumiShield and already like it much better. While both don't show fingerprints very much, other than the benefit of the antireflective nature, the BodyGuardz it made a vertical mor? pattern that was annoying and the screen didn't really 'pop' like it should. The only issue I had with the IllumiShield is that it needed to be about 0.5mm smaller in both dimensions to make it easier to install with slight misalignment. It was helpful to have some Post-it notes to remove trapped dust. I used cellophane tape to pick up the edges which worked well until it came time to remove the tape. The smooth surface of the protector didn't want to release the tape so it took a little work.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the BodyGuardz scratched relatively easy. Maybe I'm just used to the Zagg shields but I didn't expect it to scratch so easily.

Last edited:

rsud93

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Just got off the phone again, and she told me they started shipping the keyboards on Friday!!! :) If you were one of the later submissions, she said they'd probably be shipped by the end of the week.

Unfortunately she didn't have any tracking numbers for us, but she did mention that we'd probably receive the keyboards before they received tracking numbers - if you haven't received it by this week, I'd call and check. But this is definitely good news!

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I fail to see the relevance of att v Verizon. I thought the kb offer was from Nokia.

It appears that there is some OTA firmware update that the Verizon tablets need to work with the keyboard and that those with Verizon tablets are getting an email saying shipping the end of February where as those of us with an AT&T version received an email saying the keyboards were on the way. Since AT&T and Verizon use different cellular signals the tablets were made with different radios. I don't know what that has to do with keyboard support but it apparently does.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
It appears that there is some OTA firmware update that the Verizon tablets need to work with the keyboard and that those with Verizon tablets are getting an email saying shipping the end of February where as those of us with an AT&T version received an email saying the keyboards were on the way. Since AT&T and Verizon use different cellular signals the tablets were made with different radios. I don't know what that has to do with keyboard support but it apparently does.

Interesting. But if the problem is the tablet firmware, they can still ship the kb, since the hardware is identical for both tablets.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. But if the problem is the tablet firmware, they can still ship the kb, since the hardware is identical for both tablets.

No, the hardware is different between the tablets. That is why the firmware is different. It may be that Verizon requires the firmware to come OTA rather than the regular Windows Update. I do know that there was a recent January firmware update needed to use the keyboard. Think of what would happen if all the keyboards went out and none of the Verizon units could use them. That would be worse than not having it yet.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
No, the hardware is different between the tablets. That is why the firmware is different. It may be that Verizon requires the firmware to come OTA rather than the regular Windows Update. I do know that there was a recent January firmware update needed to use the keyboard. Think of what would happen if all the keyboards went out and none of the Verizon units could use them. That would be worse than not having it yet.

differences in LTE radio shouldn't make a difference on how the kb works with the tablet.

it makes more sense to get a firmware ready on time than delaying the kb. It's kinda ridiculous when the tablet has launched in Nov and takes them 4 months to get it working with a kb that they designed from the beginning.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
differences in LTE radio shouldn't make a difference on how the kb works with the tablet.

it makes more sense to get a firmware ready on time than delaying the kb. It's kinda ridiculous when the tablet has launched in Nov and takes them 4 months to get it working with a kb that they designed from the beginning.
No but if Verizon mandated OTA firmware updates then any fixes to the firmware needed for reliable keyboard use is held up by the update process.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine is sitting at my local post office. They needed a signature to deliver and no one was home. I'll be picking it up on my way home from work tomorrow.

rsud93

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Call me desperate or crazy, but I knew I wasn't gonna be home when the mail delivered today. Expecting the package today, I actually called the post office to tell them to hold my package there if there was one, and sure enough, there was. I drove by and picked it up as soon as I got home. :D

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I got mine today and it is much better than I expected. Typing on it right now in fact. One of the best free things I have ever gotten.

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Well I got mine today and it is much better than I expected. Typing on it right now in fact. One of the best free things I have ever gotten.
Agreed-- I put the thing through its paces at school today, and it made taking notes and doing assignments way easier. Probably THE best free thing I ever got.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
OK this keyboard really is as amazing as everyone is saying. Nokia really did a phenomenal job with this add-on.

Now they just need to expand the retail availability of the keyboard AND the extra wall chargers. :) They also should give some thought to officially sanctioning certain micro-USB 3.0 adapters.

If wishes were fishes..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077