Lumia 521 Flip Case

ZipSwitch

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I recently got a Nokia 521 (which I really like so far) and I'm looking for a flip case for the 521 similar to this:

Amazon.com: Black Nillkin Fresh Style Mix Flip PU Leather Cover Hard Case for Nokia Lumia 520: Cell Phones & Accessories

Basically a flip case that isn't bulky or have a wallet in it. I have tried looking on amazon and a few other sites for something similar but have accomplished nothing except get annoyed that the 521 is slightly bigger and incompatible with 520 cases.

If anyone has any recommendations I would really appreciate it.

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
521 isn't exactly the same as 520?
i got a 520 which have more users and i cant neither find a proper flip case(i think there is not an official one by nokia)
did a search on ebay and all cases(even for 520 too) are really bulky...

ZipSwitch

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Yea it seems the 521 is a just bit bigger due to some small internal hardware which unfortunately makes it too large for 520 cases

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yea it seems the 521 is a just bit bigger due to some small internal hardware which unfortunately makes it too large for 520 cases

I'm honestly convinced it was just to have a spot to put the T-Mobile logo in it. I really doubt different radio frequencies would make it like that. The iPhone doesn't vary in size across carriers as far as I'm concerned.

ZipSwitch

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Well whatever the reason it makes finding cases for more difficult than it should be which is unfortunate. I've looked on quite a few sites for a flip case that isn't bulky and have only come across one or two viable cases.

TFS_Aileen

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
The only difference between the Nokia Lumia 520 and 521 is the length.
520 = 119.9 millimeters
521 = 124 millimeters

So you won't have problems with the width. Most of my friends just buy 520 cases for their 521 (for flip cases) since it sometimes still fits... I tried searching a case that you favor but indeed, it's a bit hard. The best I could find is this: Amazon.com: Magic Girl Cute lovely Little Witch Flip Pouch Cover PU Leather Skin Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 521 T-Mobile (black): Cell Phones & Accessories

jms_209

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I did not end up getting them today.
The tracking says they will arrive today,but the tracking has not updated. USPS tracking is not reliable anyways.

I assume their was a delay and I will receive them tomorrow.

jms_209

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
So the case fits perfectly on the lumia 521.
It snaps in and feels good.
The buttons also feel really responsive and not hard to press as in other cases.
The magnet that keeps the case from opening is really weak and can open it with little effort.
The case seems to be regular TPU case with the other part glued/put on.
So if the case where to rip,you should be able to use it as a TPU case.

The outside of the case feels sort of cheap/thin. Also feels a bit too big,maybe since I've never used one of these cases before.
My one big problem is the magnet,it is really weak and can't keep it closed.

ZipSwitch

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the update, sounds like it is a a decent option especially considering the lack of options for flip cases for the 521. I'll probably order it sometime during the week and give it a try.

ZipSwitch

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Just got mine today and pretty much agree with your points. The buttons are nice and responsive and it snaps in comfortably. I am disappointed by the outside and it is a bit bulkier than I would have hoped.

jms_209

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
If it's no trouble, can one of you guys please take a pic of what it looks like in person? Thank you if you reply!

That reminds me don't get the blue one,unless you like shiny/sparkly cases.
I got the blue and black,but the blue one is too shiny in any sort of light
The black one seems to be a regular one.

Here is the blue:

Also the pictures make it look less shiny/reflective. It looks like it has some sort of glitter or something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon