Nokia 2520 - Wi-Fi disconnects when sleeping

meathead88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how to avoid having to wait to reconnect WiFi when the tablet wakes?

It eventually reconnects after 10 seconds or so by itself but thats not fast enough. My surface somehow stays connected...

Last edited:

windoors

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Wi-Fi disconnects when sleeping

Go to Settings > WiFi > Advanced
Check this option keep WiFi on when screen times out.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

In case you didn't realise, the WP Central app doesn't show the forum title in the recent posts screen. I know, you stated 'tablet' in your original post, but many people will have their phone heads on whilst posting so I can see why such might be missed. Perhaps the app will be fixed one day, but until then you will get this confusion from helpful people. Just gotta expect it.

meathead88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

In case you didn't realise, the WP Central app doesn't show the forum title in the recent posts screen. I know, you stated 'tablet' in your original post, but many people will have their phone heads on whilst posting so I can see why such might be missed. Perhaps the app will be fixed one day, but until then you will get this confusion from helpful people. Just gotta expect it.
Ahhh, I see.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

I believe that you can edit your opening post and, in doing so, modify the title of your thread. When you edit the original post, click the "Go Advanced" button. From there, you can modify the title so that it includes whatever additional keywords that you like. :)

sundawg#WP

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

Is the tablet going out of range when it sleeps? Maybe in the sleep state power to wireless adapter is reduced and effectively puts you out of range? Just some thoughts. I'm definitely not having this problem.

Does it happen when plugged in and when on battery? Have you messed with the power plan? (though I don't see anything related to low power state for wireless adapter.

meathead88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

Is the tablet going out of range when it sleeps? Maybe in the sleep state power to wireless adapter is reduced and effectively puts you out of range? Just some thoughts. I'm definitely not having this problem.

Does it happen when plugged in and when on battery? Have you messed with the power plan? (though I don't see anything related to low power state for wireless adapter.

No, i';m in range. I use my phone as a hotspot when at work. If the tablet doesnt keep an active connection, the internet sharing feature turns off on my phone :(.

I'll have to check this at my home WiFi again tonight, see if it pings while sleeping after a couple hours.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

No, i';m in range. I use my phone as a hotspot when at work. If the tablet doesnt keep an active connection, the internet sharing feature turns off on my phone :(.

I'll have to check this at my home WiFi again tonight, see if it pings while sleeping after a couple hours.

I thought the phone shut off internet sharing after a period of inactivity as opposed to no connection.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

That might explain the issue meathead88 is having. The phone is timing out so the tablet shuts off WiFi after it can't see one any more. I haven't experienced this issue but then I haven't tethered it to my phone since I'm using LTE on it. At home I never seem to have an issue with WiFi taking time to wake up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle