Firmware Update

omillio

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Checked for some updates today and found a small firmware update available. Not exactly sure what it does, but I have noticed improvement with the multiple click issues since it updated.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Checked for some updates today and found a small firmware update available. Not exactly sure what it does, but I have noticed improvement with the multiple click issues since it updated.
Excellent catch-and-callout, omillio! Welcome to WPC's forums and thanks for letting us know. I've installed the firmware and can confirm that hitting the page # links in the WPC forums is a lot more responsive/accurate than it was previously. This is awesome!

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Slide left from the right side to bring up the charms menu. Select settings and then Change PC Settings on the bottom. Form the settings options at the left, select Update and recover. From there, select Windows Update, and finally check now. If you have auto updates set, I believe at some time it will download the update automatically.

I went in and checked a couple of times more after the firmware update, and I then found an optional update for Windows 8.1 RT with a bunch of January fixes, so I upgraded that as well.

phillip26

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded the update, and it seems to have completed successfully. But when I go to "View your update history" it shows only updates "Successfully installed" up to 12/30/2013. Does anyone else see this?

Also, one issue that may be related is that when the 2520 requires a restart after the update, it just shuts itself down. I then have to manually turn it back on. Is this normal?

Thanks!

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the update, and it seems to have completed successfully. But when I go to "View your update history" it shows only updates "Successfully installed" up to 12/30/2013. Does anyone else see this?

Also, one issue that may be related is that when the 2520 requires a restart after the update, it just shuts itself down. I then have to manually turn it back on. Is this normal?

Thanks!
Mine didn't show up in the history either, but it also says there are no updates available, so I assume it'll show up eventually.

And mine didn't shut up by itself, as far as I know...

daelumia

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I ran it, and it immediately went into restart mode to install. After cycling, it showed up in history as successfully installed. Browser does seem more responsive, but doesn't appear to have helped the sleep of death issue.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I would not worry about history. My firmware and windows 8.1 update do not show in history, but they both downloaded, required restarts, and do not show up as available updates anymore. So far it looks like links work better in IE, and the sometimes long stalls when I press the pack buttton in the browser have not shown up yet..so far so good, though a good testing over a couple of days will tell.. still loving this great tablet!

cvaughn99

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
The update shows in desktop, control panel, windows update, history. These updates usually fix stuff like better WiFi, Bluetooth, Camera, encryption, touch, etch. Maybe they'll have a change log on the WP8 news feeds soon.

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
updating mine now, its the first time i have seen a firmware update on there and then it told me it would update then restart, we shall see

sundawg#WP

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I did a msinfo32 before and after the firmware update.

Original BIOS Version/Date Nokia 2.1032.4701.44, 10/12/2013
New BIOS Version/Date Nokia 2.1032.4701.47, 12/9/2013

Original Embedded Controller Version 3.03
New Embedded Controller Version 3.04

Didn't see much else... but didn't look too hard.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine didn't show up in the history either, but it also says there are no updates available, so I assume it'll show up eventually.

And mine didn't shut up by itself, as far as I know...

same here. that's why i wonder if this is new. i check almost everyday for the last month, since I was looking for update for the micro usb3 driver.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I did a msinfo32 before and after the firmware update.

Original BIOS Version/Date Nokia 2.1032.4701.44, 10/12/2013
New BIOS Version/Date Nokia 2.1032.4701.47, 12/9/2013

Original Embedded Controller Version 3.03
New Embedded Controller Version 3.04

Didn't see much else... but didn't look too hard.

Thx. I have the older version. wonder why update scan doesnt find it.

sundawg#WP

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
same here. that's why i wonder if this is new. i check almost everyday for the last month, since I was looking for update for the micro usb3 driver.

It was new and listed as published 1/21/2014. I too check for updates every couple of days. I didn't see the update until after I saw this thread and manually checked again.

Last edited:

meathead88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
OK just saw this thread and confirmed my Verizon 2520 is currently BIOS Version/Date Nokia 2.1032.4701.44, 10/12/2013.
I'm having to consistently power off and back on to wake so let's see if this helps...

Update: No new updates show for me, even in desktop Windows Update...

kuau

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Yep,
I live in the USA and I have the Verizon version, no new BIOS update posted still running 10/12/2013 version bummer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss