one question about glance

psgenious

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I want to ask that -
Glance feature is not available to Lumia 625..
i have discovered 2 reasons for this ..
1. It is a cheaper phone then 920 and others 9xx , so there should be some distance between these sets.
2. its hardware is not suitable to use glance.

Which 1 is the correct reason.......?

Last edited by a moderator:

psgenious

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
if the answer is reason1 ., its very sad for me . because actually i was purchasing the L920 but then i saw that L625 has a great screen size so i thought it has only 1 draw back that is 512 mb ram , and is cheap , so i purchased L625.
After purchasing i came to know that m L625 lacks many things like High performance game , nokia beamer, and many other feature just because of my 512 mb ram.
and now its even more bad that glance can be used in L625 .
if ms and nokia oly did this for differ in price so i would say that there is already a lot of difference because of low ram and low pixels , and less than average sound quality.
No need of more difference. :shocked:

Tathagata Banerjee

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
No Glance, no City Lense, no Subway Surfer all because of hardware limitation of the much hyped Nokia/Microsoft hardware/software combo and they dare to price this crap at 20k INR. No wonder they are perishing and perishing fast.

mrvhin1216

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
It isn't that crap after all. Despite its lacking, it got a big screen which is good for games and watching videos. And for its budget price, it's already LTE capable. But, then again, its 512 RAM limits the user to download great games. And yeah, I could use a Glance feature. :(

Dhani_muh

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Everyone has different taste. But, think about it. On WP, it only need 512 of RAM to work very smoothly. Look at Android. 512 RAM you will got so many laggy performance. I am quite pride of WP. No need 1 gig of RAM for smooth performance :p

mrvhin1216

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I know that, having a 625, which is pretty awesome. As much as the 512 RAM gives a smooth performance, it is still a drawback in terms of downloading great games, i.e. Temple Run 2, Subway Surfer, etc. But overall, I pride on my phone, too!

Tsarli

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Everyone has different taste. But, think about it. On WP, it only need 512 of RAM to work very smoothly. Look at Android. 512 RAM you will got so many laggy performance. I am quite pride of WP. No need 1 gig of RAM for smooth performance :p

Smooth performance... yes. Important games and apps... fuggetaboutit.

If I just wanted smooth performance, I'd get a basic feature phone.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Unlike the 620, 720, 920, and then the others, the 625 (and 52x) does not have a ClearBlack display/AMOLED display. It's a cheaper one and probably cannot support the low-power requirements of Glance without either:
A. Flickering
B. Being too bright/using too much power

Just a casualty of cost-cutting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre