Question: how to hover over menu to see sub-menus on websites?

canonuevo

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
You know how some website require to hover your mouse over the menu to see its sub-menus? How can we do that on the 2520?

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
A functional responsive web design lies in the hands of the web developers. If you check some other sites, e. g. on mediaqueri.es, you'll find fully mobile optimised sites ...
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
The W3C is about to make the way that MS wants to handle pointer events as a standard. This is one of those cases that web developers are targeting webkit instead of the proposed method by the w3c. I only find this ridiculous since developing targetted at IE is considered a sin.

MS and the W3C want to handle all pointer events the same in HTML 5, but the webkit group has been resisting....

chinesepiratefood

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Actually I believe IE on Windows RT supports this by long pressing the drop down link. (I just tried it on my Surface to verify). Not all websites are the same but it always seems to work for me.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Actually I believe IE on Windows RT supports this by long pressing the drop down link. (I just tried it on my Surface to verify). Not all websites are the same but it always seems to work for me.

Unfortunately this isn't always the case and it seems the sites I need to frequent don't work with touch. Same goes with sites which hide an icon or text until a mouse is hovering over it. It is a really poor overall design in my opinion.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
This is mostly due to poor web development. When I make websites I insist that hover events not be used as critical functions for navigation, etc. There is nothing more irritating then trying to navigate a site that relies on hover menus. Any responsive or mobile optimized websites should not have this problem.

When it comes to IE hate in the web industry, it's justified. IE10 was the first version that was actually good. But as long as Microsoft versions their browser allowing for users to keep browsers several versions behind, they will be the knife in developers back. With Chrome and Firefox, you can count on 99% of those users having the most up to date version. IE? Hell no. We still have to consider IE8, and sometimes IE7 (7 years old). Thankfully IE6 is finally disappearing. Worst version of IE ever.

The funny thing is, I was really excited for IE11 and its new developer tools. Unfortunately Microsoft still failed to offer right mouse click to inspect element. This is probably the most commonly used developer function in Chrome and Firefox. It amazes me how they spent all this time working on finally adding robust developer tools, but missed that basic, simple feature. FAIL.

/rant

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The problem you have with ie is that not many people update it and its almost o/s dependent as ie 9 wont work on xp, upto ie 8 is supported. Until everyone updates to win 7 or win 8, you will still have a problem with people still using xp. Heck, some businesses still use xp. Even where I work, they are still using xp... I've ended up taking my own laptop to work. Bloody pc was to slow, they wont let me defrag the damn thing either. The other day they just installed an extra stick of ram to all the machines lol.

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
When I can't get a drop down to work properly on a website I'll look for the site map link (usually at the bottom of the screen) and I can usually get to where I need to go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05