no high connection speed option to choose from! help!

Avinash Gopalan

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
i have an unlocked lumia 810...i live in india and use airtel...i am perfectly able to receive calls and even turn on data connection through settings->cellular....but there is no option to choose a connection speed! i have 3G enabled and would like to use it but through cellular i can only use 2G! is there any way to enable the option or is there any ROM i could flash to get the option? any help appreciated :(

Avinash Gopalan

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
i do have access point installed but it automatically configured and i dont know what to modify! i tried ##3282# but if i choose 3G only it immediately goes to a 4G connection for some reason and i cant use 3G

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Do you have access point installed? Also you can dial ##3282# and select network type from settings
You don't need access point ( I forgot about this thanks) just enter ##3282# this takes you to field test > [Accept] > scroll down to ... (settings)
> Network type > automatic, 2G, 3G - choose then hit the back button until you get back to start screen.

Avinash Gopalan

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
i did as you said! now i can switch between 2G and 4G! But i cant seem to choose 3G! it automatically goes to 4G if i choose 3G only! any way to get around that? thanks for the help though, much appreciated! :)

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
It's really not 4G, the 810 is only able to receive 3.75 HSPA+ at best but it will say 4G by default, some apps have a network shortcut that show it as 3.75 and it's rarely is 3G -in my area anyway. Sorry can't help more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss