Keyboards are in process of shipping

David L James

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I got an email Friday saying mine is on the way. Hopefully it will arrive today. Did everyone else get a $20 Microsoft store credit? In my email they sent me a code to help make up for the delay in shipping, I suppose. Here is the letter:

Hi David,

Thanks for your recent purchase of a Nokia Lumia 2520 tablet. I hope you're having a blast with your new tablet and exploring all it has to offer.

I wanted to reach out with an update on the free Nokia Power Keyboard that you registered to receive with this purchase. My team has been working hard to get the keyboard out to you and it's on its way! I know you've been waiting for it and I want to personally thank you for your continued patience with this complimentary $20 voucher for use on apps, games, music and more in the Microsoft store on your Nokia Lumia 2520.

CODE: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
To redeem the code, simply go to the Microsoft Store and enter 'Your account'. Once in Your account, go to 'Redeem Code' and enter the code above. Your Microsoft account balance will then be credited.

Also, a quick pro tip - for the optimal experience, please be sure to accept all software updates and restart your tablet before using it with your new keyboard for the first time. It's quick and easy to do: just search "Check for updates" and install all available updates.

Thanks for choosing Nokia and I hope you enjoy using your Lumia 2520 tablet and Power Keyboard as much as I do.

Kind regards,

Matt Rothschild
Head of Nokia North America

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes got the email and letter saying would not get keyboard till end of the month. Like I said earlier not holding my breath.

I definitely can't imagine that you wouldn't get it. Mine just arrived today for the AT&T version. The blow back from delivering them for AT&T and not Verizon would be horrendous.

electriclamb

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
well my girlfriend got hers but i didnt get mine because of the one device per household crap. Im so mad right now. Shouldve looked through the fine print.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just got my keyboard. It does add more weight, compared to the cover I have been using, which is to be expected with the extra battery, but I can see using both covers, depending on what I want to do. For simple playing and surfing, I will use my old cover to keep it protected. For more serious use like using office or if I travel and want to use it like a laptop, the powered cover will be better. It would be interesting if they would ever offered a non powered lighter version. I think that would be an interesting alternative for those wanting a keyboard but no need for the extra battery. But as to the quality, I am impressed. I was worried about the small keyboard, but I have to say that in my initial testing, I am really happy. I can type very fast and very comfortably. For such a small and thin keyboard, Nokia did an amazing job. Thank you Nokia for an amazing tablet, fantastic free powered keyboard, and the $40 dollars in store credits (one when I bought it and the one from the email last week).

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Man got mine after Dec 2 so no keyboard for me:/ No credits either, not from Verizon for getting it or for Nokia taking so long, I still have to wait longer now so I honestly don't see the situation fixed until I can buy one. Come on Nokia your so slow with your accessories it seems like, still waiting on that bigger wireless car charger too

mkmarine

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Received mine today (Houston) and I'm using it now. I'm very impressed. For those asking all the questions, I have an AT&T version purchased on the last day of the promotion 2-Dec, and I submitted my paperwork a few days after.

I'm curious if anyone has found any settings for the keyboard, as I'd like to disable the mouse gestures for app switching (I'm constantly accidentally using it because the touchpad is so small) and would also like to reverse the two-finger scrolling direction, but I'll start a new thread for that.

Gawain

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine today as well, using it right now. Works great. Had a fully charged battery too! I live in the Sacramento, California area and the mail man was just walking to my door as I got home from the dentist. Perfect timing. I did have to sign a receipt for the delivery though, so for those still waiting, keep an eye open for a delivery notice or something like that.

My Lumia 2520 is the AT&T version, bought it on the first day, and sent in my paperwork the following week. Hang in there folks! Hopefully yours is no more than a day or two away!!

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Received mine too! I got home and had a delivery notice. I waited until I thought that the carrier made it back to the PO and went down to pick it up. The gal said that it was perfect timing as the carrier had just walked in the door so I got my keyboard and didn't have to wait until tomorrow.

I bought my AT&T 2520 2 days into the promotion and mailed in the paper work a couple of days later. The battery came with a 42% charge which is right in range with the proper state of charge for long term storage of Lithium batteries. FWIW, I'm in Washington State.

Reed77

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone who got the keyboard buy their Nokia on line? The fine print said you had to purchase in a B&M store, but I purchased online directly - in the right timeframe. I got the email saying "please be patient, here's 20 bucks", so I'm hopeful. But if someone can confirm on-line purchase worked too, that would be great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss