Keyboards are in process of shipping

bmarsden

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone who got the keyboard buy their Nokia on line? The fine print said you had to purchase in a B&M store, but I purchased online directly - in the right timeframe. I got the email saying "please be patient, here's 20 bucks", so I'm hopeful. But if someone can confirm on-line purchase worked too, that would be great.

You can call the 800-number to confirm that they have your paperwork and such. If you got the email from Matt Rothschild, you're probably in good shape and should receive your keyboard soon.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
So does the keyboard add battery life as well?
How does the input feel when you type?

Yes there is a battery in the case. And the input feels as good as any other Notebook or Bluetooth tablet designed keyboard. Responds well and I can type pretty damn fast with little to know mistakes as if I'm typing on a regular keyboard. It's very solid and responsive

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm typing on mine right now!! Not too bad, but will take some getting used to, because all of my laptops have been 17" specifically for the extra real estate hehe. It's also weird because the second I started using it, I totally forgot that I'm on a touch screen device and started trying to use only the mouse pad on the keyboard, lol.

I'm wondering how long this will really hold up to some serious typing though. Yeah, it adds a bit of weight, but it feels good IMO. I guess time will tell.

**Note: I actually got my notice on Feb 1, but I wasn't around, so I just now had time to stop by the post office and pick it up.

EzraWard

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I am really liking mine, but I found a problem. The part of the cover that houses the battery on mine is coming apart near one of the corners. That's a little disappointing.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that concerns me is the flap starting to tear from duration of pressure using the mouse or palm resting in it during typing as the flap does not sit flushed with the battery. I got accustom to typing palms up not touching it.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I am really liking mine, but I found a problem. The part of the cover that houses the battery on mine is coming apart near one of the corners. That's a little disappointing.
Mine is separating between the right side of the spacebar and the ctrl key. :( Not sure what to do about it. I don't want to be without the keyboard but don't want it to get worse and die an early death.

The only other thing is that when using it in tablet mode as shown on the video of it being demoed (touch pad bar folded up and tablet laying on keyboard) I can't get the onscreen keyboard to come up in the modern UI apps. It seems they forgot about that mode. .... Well, after typing all of that I tried the charm bar and found that Settings | keyboard gives the option to choose the onscreen keyboard. At least there is a workaround for the auto onscreen keyboard not appearing.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Mine is separating between the right side of the spacebar and the ctrl key. :( Not sure what to do about it. I don't want to be without the keyboard but don't want it to get worse and die an early death.

The only other thing is that when using it in tablet mode as shown on the video of it being demoed (touch pad bar folded up and tablet laying on keyboard) I can't get the onscreen keyboard to come up in the modern UI apps. It seems they forgot about that mode. .... Well, after typing all of that I tried the charm bar and found that Settings | keyboard gives the option to choose the onscreen keyboard. At least there is a workaround for the auto onscreen keyboard not appearing.

I was gonna say you have to go into the charm bar for the setting. I don't think that's it's a real tablet mode like they present it. I think it's just a way to use the tablet w/o taking the cover off. There should have been at least a shortcut key to toggle between each mode at the very least. But I notice that too.

EzraWard

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site

I just used super glue on mine. It's a little messy but it seems to have worked.

baparks

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
So, I just called to check on my order -- I ordered mine on Nov. 21 (pre-order) from Microsoft store, and they are denying my claim because the promotion started with orders on Nov 22! Anyone else have experience with this? Advice on how to proceed?

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Received mine today (Houston) and I'm using it now. I'm very impressed. For those asking all the questions, I have an AT&T version purchased on the last day of the promotion 2-Dec, and I submitted my paperwork a few days after.

I'm curious if anyone has found any settings for the keyboard, as I'd like to disable the mouse gestures for app switching (I'm constantly accidentally using it because the touchpad is so small) and would also like to reverse the two-finger scrolling direction, but I'll start a new thread for that.

Not really, you can disable side gesture in the PC setting but it disables for the touch screen too, there's not an option to choose one of the other, which would be cool if you could.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
So, I just called to check on my order -- I ordered mine on Nov. 21 (pre-order) from Microsoft store, and they are denying my claim because the promotion started with orders on Nov 22! Anyone else have experience with this? Advice on how to proceed?

My only suggestion is speak to a Tier 2 CS rep if you could and see if they could honor it as you bought it as a preorder. Worth a shot. Good luck and hope you can get one.

socalphil

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I am envious of you all. I missed the offer. Nokia USA has said they have no idea when they will be available for sale. John Lewis has them in the UK for sale but will not ship outside UK. But if you know someone in the UK you can send it to them and get them to forward it. 99 GBP for the keyboard gets you free shipping to UK. With shipping to US it works out to around $200. Much cheaper than the eBay and other sellers wanting $340.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I am envious of you all. I missed the offer. Nokia USA has said they have no idea when they will be available for sale. John Lewis has them in the UK for sale but will not ship outside UK. But if you know someone in the UK you can send it to them and get them to forward it. 99 GBP for the keyboard gets you free shipping to UK. With shipping to US it works out to around $200. Much cheaper than the eBay and other sellers wanting $340.

SocalPhil....you can get them to ship internationally. When u go to their website, under the checkout it will say that this item can't be shipped internationally. Under that it will say that they may be able to still help. When you go their you'll give them your email and they'll let you know if it can be shipped. I did that and they expanded in about a day. They said it can ship and they total up the cost for me. It will end up being around $200. Not bad. Still mull it before I pull the trigger.

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok.. this is weird... I had it full charged, had it plugged into the keyboard when it was charging, had it turned off for a day (still plugged into the keyboard), go to it this morning and the battery is at 0.

Nothing was running on it...

INCREMENTAL

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
So does anyone that has this keyboard have a Verizon version 2520 and can confirm it's working? I have a Verizon version 2520 and just bought a BNIB Nokia Keyboard off eBay for $175. Now I'm worried of getting it next week and it not working. How did this all come about that the Verizon's version needs a update? Thanks

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
So does anyone that has this keyboard have a Verizon version 2520 and can confirm it's working? I have a Verizon version 2520 and just bought a BNIB Nokia Keyboard off eBay for $175. Now I'm worried of getting it next week and it not working. How did this all come about that the Verizon's version needs a update? Thanks

How did u get it off eBay or when? I've been looking for one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion