How to get Firmware Update (pushed by Verizon ) and Lumia Black Update for Lumia 822 in India

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
What Verizon pushed out was just OS updates and not Nokia's Black firmware update itself. We just have to wait till Verizon releases it :D

vipresh

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
@primortal You are saying that "The Updates pushed out by Verizon was just OS updates", but the link I have pasted suggests that they are "Firmware Updates".
Even if they are OS Updates, I cant get those OS updates also.

So I wanted to know if those OS Updates(i.e. firmware update) pushed by Verizon can be can be installed manually?

Jen Sanko

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
It depends on what you already have
If you have installed the preview for developers GDR3 update, and the next update 151 or 155 at the end, then you should not get the current update.

vinu_h

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
It wouldn't matter where in the world you are, If Verizon releases an updates for the 822 in the US, you would get it anyway.

vipresh

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
@Jen Sanko
I have Lumia Amber Update installed on my 822 and no other updates after Lumia Amber.
I have not installed any preview for developers updates including GDR3.

@vinu_h
The link I pasted in my question clearly states that Verizon has pushed a firmware updates on 27Jan 2014, since then I have manually checked several times for update but it says "Your phone is up to date".

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
If you read in the title it says "no Lumia Black yet" so there is the first clue. Then in the article,

Nope. The updates for the above devices appear to just carrier firmware specific updates. No Lumia Black yet for those devices on those particular networks.

The firmware update was just Verizon specific and not Nokia's Lumia Black.

vipresh

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
@primortal -U mean the firmware updates by Verizon are only for users who are on Verizon network and have Lumia 822 handsets

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
@primortal -U mean the firmware updates by Verizon are only for users who are on Verizon network and have Lumia 822 handsets
Not really. I've got 822 and I'm NOT on Verizon network (I'm not even in the US). I have received that small update.

vipresh

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Not really. I've got 822 and I'm NOT on Verizon network (I'm not even in the US). I have received that small update.

I m checking for updates every day but not getting any updates, any one has idea if this firmware upgrade can be manully installed with Nokia S/W updater or Nokia care Suite?

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
What version is currently on your phone? At least we can confirm you have the latest or not.

Mine,
OS Version: 8.0.10521.155 (Developer Preview of Update 3 installed)
Firmware revision number: 3045.0000.1328.1031
Hardware revision number: 1.0.0.0
Radio software version: 2.0.092066.3
Chip SOC version: 8960

Sudhanshu1703

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site

Where r u located?

Did you installed the updates manually or your phone indicated that the update is available.

Please elaborate how to get the update on Lumia 822 or 928 if you have done it manually.

I checked the setting->phone updates option
Also tried to update using "Nokia Phone Updater" S/W but with no luck.

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Georgia (a country in the Caucasus).
Weirdly, my phone didn't tell me that the update was available, I've been checking for it from time to time. That's how I've got it.

Maybe your carriers have anything to do with your troubles, guys?
Unfortunately, I have no idea on what might be "wrong" with your updates.

alexloe

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
The firmware update for Lumia 822 RM-845 will be rolled out by product code. If your IP address is not located in an embargo country you will get it, when it's released.

Your network operator / internet servoce provider doesn't have any influence whether you will get it or not.

Complete images for Nokia Software Recovery Tool will be released some hours / days after OTA rollout.

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
@alexloe
So, will we be able to install Update 3 and Black with Nokia Software Recovery Tool?

If your IP address is not located in an embargo country you will get it, when it's released.
But the guys are from India and India is not in any embargo list from the USA. And they still can't install that minor update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720