ASUS Transformer Book T100 Webcam issues?

DrDreadJoy

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello, this is my first thread post.

I have had a T100 for 2 months now. I wasn't initially impressed as much as I thought, but the thing just rocks on so many different levels for the price point it's a killer device that I now won't give up. I could use a full sized USB on the tablet not just the dock, but I bought an adapter and it works great.

Here's my question to anyone. The first time I used the Webcam for Skype, I had to slide the tablet back really far because my face filled the screen holding at the usual distance. I figured it was just the webcam. But I bought LCARS Interface (yes, I'm a Star Trek Nerd, and if you are too, get this app because it's made me squeal like a school girl over it's awesomeness) and on there you can do a video logs. When the preview camera shows up, it's a medium shot, and I was surprised. So I hit record, recorded my video log and then played it back. When I did it was a close up of just my nose to my jaw, it was easily a 10X zoom! I don't understand what is going on here. I hold the device at arms length, the preview is perfect, when I record, it's way zoomed in. The zoomed in is what it looks like on Skype. I can't find any settings for the webcam to test further. The Chat tech support said to make sure I had the most current driver. So I installed it and it's still WAY too close.

Any ideas?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello, this is my first thread post.

I have had a T100 for 2 months now. I wasn't initially impressed as much as I thought, but the thing just rocks on so many different levels for the price point it's a killer device that I now won't give up. I could use a full sized USB on the tablet not just the dock, but I bought an adapter and it works great.

Here's my question to anyone. The first time I used the Webcam for Skype, I had to slide the tablet back really far because my face filled the screen holding at the usual distance. I figured it was just the webcam. But I bought LCARS Interface (yes, I'm a Star Trek Nerd, and if you are too, get this app because it's made me squeal like a school girl over it's awesomeness) and on there you can do a video logs. When the preview camera shows up, it's a medium shot, and I was surprised. So I hit record, recorded my video log and then played it back. When I did it was a close up of just my nose to my jaw, it was easily a 10X zoom! I don't understand what is going on here. I hold the device at arms length, the preview is perfect, when I record, it's way zoomed in. The zoomed in is what it looks like on Skype. I can't find any settings for the webcam to test further. The Chat tech support said to make sure I had the most current driver. So I installed it and it's still WAY too close.

Any ideas?

Could be a software glitch in the LCARS app itself. Have they put out any updates to the app since you posted this? Have you reached out to the dev to see if this a potential bug or issues with the drivers interfacing the app itself?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss