Lumia 521 Will Not Lock/Unlock

Fatal_Bert

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Earlier this week my 521 would not unlock. The screen remained black after pressing the power button. I noticed that holding the camera button would make the typical vibration of opening the camera app, but the screen remained black. If I took out the battery and restarted it worked as usual for about 10min (with lock/unlock function) and then would get stuck either unlockable or with a black screen. If it is stuck unlockable, holding the power button still prompts me to slide to power down. So the button is not physically broken, it's a software thing. How could the power button become uncoupled from the lock function?

I factory reset the phone and it cured the problem for 2 days, but it has just reverted. Anybody have any ideas? I can't find anyone experiencing anything similar with this phone. Thanks in advance.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't experienced this with my Lumia 920. It sounds like a hardware problem as if it was a software issue it would be more wide spread. Does your phone have any water damage?

If you bought it recently it should be covered under the manufacture warranty.

Fatal_Bert

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. It hasn't encountered any water damage that I am aware of. Yes, I believe it is covered under warranty. It is just hard for me to go an extended period with no phone at all. At least for now I can use it if I set the lock screen never to time out--the battery just drains prohibitively fast. It may be hardware-related, but the button physically works and is recognized for the function of turning the phone on/off. Seems odd. I'll likely end up sending it in Monday.

Fatal_Bert

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to leave this with some closure. I factory reset the phone again expecting a temporary fix. I did not restore or import any backed up application data and it has worked fine since. Fingers crossed.

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre