A few questions regarding the 2520

mb99

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I believe devices such as the 2520 will become very useful in the future. I'm currently hung up on the following issues:
1) long delay in getting keyboard from nokia
2) the blank screen about 2-3 times a day requiring the reset
3) the available apps and accessories are terrible
4) lack of silver light is appalling

However, there is tremendous upside with the use of skydrive and office 365.

A few questions for the users here:

1) Has anyone been able to rename the hostspot name? It appears to be hard coded with a username/password.. not as configurable as my iPad
2) When the keyboard appears, there are numbers across the top of the keys in grey. How can you use those numbers w/o going to the number pad?
3) When you're watching a video you recorded it doesn't seem like you are able to zoom in using pinch gestures.

I'm going to bitlocker my sd card for additional security tonight, right as soon as I find an adapter for the micro SD card.

thanks,

daelumia

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
#1, Yes, you can rename the hotspot.
#2, Long press keys in the top row and a "menu" pops up that lets you select the number.
#3, While you can zoom while recording by pinching or swiping up/down, it doesn't appear that you can pinch & zoom during playback.

Last edited:

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
On the powered keyboard, some have reported purchasing them from ATT stores. One person reported that Nokia had problems with the first run and had to pull them and now they are starting to become available. I have my free one, and I have to say I am really impressed. I thought the keyboard would feel too small, but I can type extremely well on it. They did an amazing job. I am surprised nobody has said anything about the solid click it makes when you open it and the tablet locks solidly in place with the magnets. It is pretty cool, kind of like the Surface stand has its click.

EzraWard

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
On the powered keyboard, some have reported purchasing them from ATT stores. One person reported that Nokia had problems with the first run and had to pull them and now they are starting to become available. I have my free one, and I have to say I am really impressed. I thought the keyboard would feel too small, but I can type extremely well on it. They did an amazing job. I am surprised nobody has said anything about the solid click it makes when you open it and the tablet locks solidly in place with the magnets. It is pretty cool, kind of like the Surface stand has its click.

The funny thing is, I do feel like the keyboard is on the small side of things, but I can type very well on it. Took a little getting used to, but overall, It's pretty nice for typing.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I believe devices such as the 2520 will become very useful in the future. I'm currently hung up on the following issues:
1) long delay in getting keyboard from nokia
2) the blank screen about 2-3 times a day requiring the reset
3) the available apps and accessories are terrible
4) lack of silver light is appalling
1) It appears that the keyboard issues are being taken care of now.
2) I don't have this issue. Once in a while the screen changes to something else even when nothing is touching the keyboard or tablet but I haven't figured out a pattern yet.
3) Depends on your needs. Most of my needs are met just fine with RT on a tablet. Given the choice, however, I'd prefer Win 8.1 on the tablet. Oh, and an active digitizer like on the Surface Pro.

1) Has anyone been able to rename the hostspot name? It appears to be hard coded with a username/password.. not as configurable as my iPad
2) When the keyboard appears, there are numbers across the top of the keys in grey. How can you use those numbers w/o going to the number pad?
3) When you're watching a video you recorded it doesn't seem like you are able to zoom in using pinch gestures.
1) Yes, it is just that you can't have the hotspot turned on when you try to rename it.
2) The fastest way is to quickly swipe up on those keys rather than wait for the popup menu.
3) Haven't tried it. I think what daelumia said is correct.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
An additional note about renaming the hotspot. You may not be able to rename it if the tablet is connected to a WiFi connection. From the charms bar select the WiFi link and then disconnect it. You may need to have LTE connected, I didn't check. Now you can rename the hotspot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett