Oil/lotion leaving irremovable streaks on keyboard?

rsud93

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
It appears I may have handled my keyboard case while my hands were a bit oily or lotiony, and it left prints and streaks that simply won't wipe off. I tried taking pictures, but it doesn't show up well on my crappy camera, but it looks like you would expect, only it doesn't wipe off, even with water. It makes me wonder, could they be permanently corrosive to the matte material the keyboard is made of? This is annoying me slightly, and I'm trying really hard not to pay attention to it.

INCREMENTAL

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
That sucks, I hope you can get it off, thanks for the input and letting us know.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using WPCentral Forums mobile app

oliverr871

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Due to the material of the keyboard, it can absorb oils if not removed in a timely manner. With that in mind, it has been splashed with cooking oil and other greases, but I make it an effort to remove it with water and cloth immediately and not let the keyboard absorb it as it can affect the "color" of the keyboard leaving darker black spots.

kcaneiro

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Mr. Clean magic sponge will take the oil stain off without ruining the keyboard surface. I had a similar issue with another keyboard and it worked. Let me know if this helps you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz