Bad news Lumia 810 AND 822 owners: Nokia confirmed No Lumia Black.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabigdragon

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Hate to have to post this, but if it's true, I wanna get it out there:

Bad news Lumia 810 AND 822 owners: Nokia confirmed No Lumia Black.! : windowsphone

According to this Reddit user, he spoke with a Nokia Customer Support rep who says Verizon will NOT be releasing Lumia Black to the 822.
Same goes for T-Mobile and their equivalent of that model phone. The 810, I guess.

If true, this SUCKS. Also, if that line about Verizon not wanting Nokia to change the update status page to "Not Available" to avoid backlash is true, that's a very **** move.

If this turns out to be accurate, I'm hoping to high heaven they won't pull the same thing once Windows Phone 8.1 comes out.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The same Nokia page shows the Verizon 928 Black update as "available" so you can't say Verizon is just not willing to update WP devices. It may well be a hardware issue that needs to be resolved.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I thought Microsoft specifically didn't want this kind of stuff to happen- this is just like Android. If we don't get 8.1 for the 822 this may be enough for me to consider leaving windows phone, at least if I get a Nexus phone or Iphone I know I'll be getting updates regardless of carrier. If Windows phone 8 was a mature OS with lots of apps and features right now this would not be a big deal, but not being able to keep up with the improvements at this early in the OS is ridiculous- especially improvements that barely keep it on par with Android and iOS (like the simple task of closing apps).

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I thought Microsoft specifically didn't want this kind of stuff to happen- this is just like Android. If we don't get 8.1 for the 822 this may be enough for me to consider leaving windows phone, at least if I get a Nexus phone or Iphone I know I'll be getting updates regardless of carrier. If Windows phone 8 was a mature OS with lots of apps and features right now this would not be a big deal, but not being able to keep up with the improvements at this early in the OS is ridiculous- especially improvements that barely keep it on par with Android and iOS (like the simple task of closing apps).

Buying any product on the hopes of future updates is not conducive to a happy experience. If the device does not suit you on Day 1, you should really consider your options.

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
As far as rumors go this reminds of the time they said Burgers were health food. Either way the 928 just got Black, and we're listed as waiting for approval. The 822 was the best selling WP on Verizon so it isn't going to be abandoned.

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Hate to have to post this, but if it's true, I wanna get it out there:

Bad news Lumia 810 AND 822 owners: Nokia confirmed No Lumia Black.! : windowsphone

According to this Reddit user, he spoke with a Nokia Customer Support rep who says Verizon will NOT be releasing Lumia Black to the 822.
Same goes for T-Mobile and their equivalent of that model phone. The 810, I guess.

If true, this SUCKS. Also, if that line about Verizon not wanting Nokia to change the update status page to "Not Available" to avoid backlash is true, that's a very **** move.

If this turns out to be accurate, I'm hoping to high heaven they won't pull the same thing once Windows Phone 8.1 comes out.

Rumometer_1.png

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
well that's 2 phones that will have to worry about not getting 8.1 :/ sure we have the dev preview but I don't the regular consumers will do that . kinda sad how much power these carriers have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750