822 Went Crazy

cwgrizz

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I was looking in the APP store and clicked on a free APP to see what it was about. Next thing I now my phone is swapping screens like a mad man was sweeping across it at frantic speeds. Calendar, to-do, main screen, installed apps, up, down, right, left.............Well you get the picture. I tried powering down the phone and restarting. After the first swipe to the left, all started again. Powered down again and back on. Same results. Finally powered down, removed battery, let set. Installed battery, powered up and all seems to be ok. Anyone else experienced this? Is it a fluke or something going hay wire?

cwgrizz

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
No, just tried to look at a free one to see what it was about. Never even got to that point before it started going crazy like an out of control 3 year old.

cwgrizz

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
It was weird for sure. It acted like it was possessed with evil spirits. Ha! Thankfully, I have not had a problem since the battery removal and replacement. (crossing fingers).

cwgrizz

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Spoke too soon. Now I have a problem with some areas along the top edge of the screen not responding to touch. The top two IE tabs won't respond to closing by hitting the X unless I turn the phone horizontally and then the X's are in a touch responsive position. Also I noticed on the FB APP that the top bar of notices, message, etc does not respond. Only one place in the very upper left area of the screen will respond to get the status of WiFi, Cellular, Battery, etc to show. Looks like VZW may be getting a visit if I can't figure something out soon. Warranty is almost up on the phone.

cwgrizz

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: Verizon has a new (reconditioned I'm sure) phone in the mail. Will see how it does. I hope it is good to go as I only have a couple of weeks left on the warranty. Ha!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium