wifi issue

arpit8070

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 525 asks to enter the wifi password every time I try to connect it,even though i have provided it. In short, phone is not remembering my password. What setting has to be changed??

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Do you use the same channel on your router, or do you have your router set to "automatic"? If your router changes channels, then you will need to re-enter your password. I set my router to use channel 10 always, and I do not need to re-enter my password.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
From where do i set the router to automatic??
Thanks
That is going to depend on your router. Each brand is different. Typically, the instructions are as follows:

• Determine your wireless router's IP address. Many routers are set to 192.168.0.1 by default. In Windows 7, you can find this IP address by clicking "Start," then typing "cmd" in the search box, without clicking "Enter." When the search completes, right-click on the command icon and select "Run as administrator." In the window that opens, type "ipconfig" and click enter. Your router's IP address will be shown on the "Default Gateway" line. In earlier versions of Windows, click "Start," then "Run," then type "Command" in the box, click "OK," then type "ipconfig" and press enter. Your router's IP will be listed as the "Default Gateway."
  • Enter your router's username and password if prompted to log in. By default, the user name and password may be "admin" and "password."
  • Change settings within the router's administrative center as necessary. There will be several menus available where you can set up security for your router and set various communication options.
  • Choose to apply or save changes as necessary. Your router's menus should have plainly visible buttons to apply and/or save changes you make to the settings.
  • Close the browser window when you are finished making changes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre