[Official] Nokia Lumia 822 Black Update Thread

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Guys, will my 822 be bricked if wifi connection will be interrupted during
a. downloading update
b. installing update
c. data migration - I'm almost certain, wifi has nothing to do with this stage

It won't be. It only uses WiFi while downloading, and if the download doesn't complete it won't hurt anything.

Ted Ribeiro

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
After black update, my phone doesn't vibrate at all. Tried pulling off the battery, rebooting several times, turning vibration on/off and nothing work
Is anyone having this issue?

Joshua Kohler

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
It seems that I cannot change my media volume (up or down) in the middle of playing videos. For instance, I open a video that was posted, and it is muted until I exit out of the video, turn up volume, and play again.
Anyone else?

vinu_h

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Since Black, store updates are showing up promptly. I can now stop visiting the app updates thread and not have to do them manually.

BoomRShine

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
After Black update, getting error "Unable to connect to Xbox LIVE at this time. Please check your connection." when attempting to play AlphaJax. Other games connect to Xbox LIVE fine.

Tried...
..."refresh" in Xbox LIVE
...turned off "Connect with Xbox" in games settings, and then turned back on
...uninstalled AlphaJax, and then re-installed AlphaJax
...powered down phone, and then powered back on
...pulled battery, and then reinserted battery and powered back on

Do know what else to do?

BoomRShine

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
After Black update, getting error "Unable to connect to Xbox LIVE at this time. Please check your connection." when attempting to play AlphaJax. Other games connect to Xbox LIVE fine.

Tried...
..."refresh" in Xbox LIVE
...turned off "Connect with Xbox" in games settings, and then turned back on
...uninstalled AlphaJax, and then re-installed AlphaJax
...powered down phone, and then powered back on
...pulled battery, and then reinserted battery and powered back on

Do know what else to do?

I resolved my own issue. Under date+time settings, I turned the set automatically switch to off, then changed the time zone to an adjacent time zone, and then was able to connect to Xbox Live. I then changed the set automatically switch back to on, and it continues to work fine.

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Update went smooth and now my OS version is 8.0.10517.150, firmware revision number is 3051.40000.1352.0042 but now I can't launch:

App Folder
euronews
Here Maps
I'm here
Online-Translator.com
Skype - uninstalled and reinstalled, but no avail. Still takes forever loading and fails.
SoundHound
Waze

Games (not each of them have been tested):
2020: My Country - lost all the progress, damn it
Dredd vs Zombies

All these apps and games were uninstalled and reinstalled, but it didn't help

Extras+Info - I don't know how can I uninstall it

It might be my subjective feeling, but installing apps takes slightly more time

I'll keep you informed, if I find any solution or explanation

//edit
Weird thing is that I just downloaded and installed SIMS FreePlay and it doesn't load and launch too.

Will wait another day if anybody will come up with any idea and then Hard Reset is the only solution (if you may call it a solution)

///update
Hard Reset didn't help

Last edited:

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Seems like the phone has major problems with Black update.
Just installed SIMS FreePlay. Crashes right after launch. Some apps work without any problem though.

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Seems like v2 )))
Seems like only apps that are affected with that "no-launch" syndrome are Here family of apps and "big" games like Dredd vs Zombies, 2020: My Country, Asphalt, SIMS FreePlay etc
"Small" games like cards and such work well
Contacted Game-Insight and Rebellion with my troubles. Let's see what the response will be.

(unfortunately) To be continued...

Ek-Balam

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello All:

Thanks for the quick replies. Showing - OS v# 10517.150 Firmware3051.40000.1352.0042

From your notes above, this seems down rev'ed from "Black". Now showing "no updates available" .......

-Update-

Thanks to all again for the ideas and assistance. Last night, Verizon pushed another update to my 822. This time - The real Black. Installed perfectly and I have found none of the problems with apps running or camera as some have noted (thank goodness!).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss