Find My Phone totally sucks!

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I find that when using wifi the location is usually way off, but when using LTE, it's pretty accurate.

Thanks for the heads up, but GPS should be the main factor in this situation unless MSFT rely's solely on repeater location. I think Google has the upper hand on this.

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I live in India, and the Find my phone service here doesn't even include 'locating your phone' feature.
All that I get to see is Ring, Lock or Wipe. And even they never work. I have tried them on a Lumia 710, 800, 520 and 1020.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
99.9 % MSFT's find my phone cannot locate the phone . Androids feature finds it 99.9% of the time go fig...

When my 810 was stolen and I was telling the police that I could find it immediately, locate my phone didn't work at all. It still hasn't found the phone, and that was 3 months ago.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
99.9 % MSFT's find my phone cannot locate the phone . Androids feature finds it 99.9% of the time go fig...

No problem with my 810, problem is peeps turn off location and uncheck box that says "save my phones location periodically before the battery runs out".... to save the battery then they can't find their phone. ,:winktongue:

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry Captain, but that's not true. I periodically checked it before it was stolen and it was hit and miss. You do know what they say about assumptions. ...

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
When my 810 was stolen and I was telling the police that I could find it immediately, locate my phone didn't work at all. It still hasn't found the phone, and that was 3 months ago.

My father suffers from early/mid stages of Dementia/Alzheimer's and once a month or so he'll "run" away from home. We got him an 810 (there are eight 810 owners in my immediate family, scary huh?) so that I could find him if necessary. It's worked like a charm almost every time I've used it. The outlier was one time he went into the mountains where there was no cell service. Hell, it's accurate enough that I can tell which side of the house he "lost" it on.

As for your stolen phone's location not being found, any thief with half a brain cell left either pulls the battery or shuts the phone completely down ASAP.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Weird,

My L810 has always been accurate for 'find my phone' via windowsphone.com. The only issue I've had when I'm at home is that it displays the wrong address. But it shows me at the proper location on the map.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Sorry Captain, but that's not true. I periodically checked it before it was stolen and it was hit and miss. You do know what they say about assumptions. ...

I wasn't talking about you specifically, I.E.> "peeps" and I would have quoted you like I just did. I have no idea what you did or didn't do,
I was talking about why it often doesn't show up. Talk about being an assumption.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to go back and forth, I was one of the peeps who said it never located my phone, in which you replied about peeps being so simple minded that they didn't have location turned on.

Shouvik Mazumdar

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I concur. I dont like the find my phone feature. It doesn't work. In my case I cant even install apps from website. Cant comment about android - never used that feature in it

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just tried it at the house.
Untitled.jpg

No problem with my 810, problem is peeps turn off location and uncheck box that says "save my phones location periodically before the battery runs out".... to save the battery then they can't find their phone. ,:winktongue:

So far your 0-3 you crack me up lol! You really give bad advice...

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm not going to go back and forth, I was one of the peeps who said it never located my phone, in which you replied about peeps being so simple minded that they didn't have location turned on.

then I guess I was right even tho I QUOTED THE OP and didn't even read your post....LMAO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss