Find My Phone totally sucks!

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
The phone periodically takes GPS location, in addition to critical situations like before turning on battery saver, or before shutting off as an example.

That's the first information it tries to use, then it connects the phone via internet cellular/ WiFi and triggered the GPS again, (this part rarely worked for me) in order to find the location, at least that's how I see it work.

And I really think you are right with this, it rarely shows where my phone is, but maybe that's due to connection problems as I live in a very bad internet country. :p

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
When my 810 was stolen and I was telling the police that I could find it immediately, locate my phone didn't work at all. It still hasn't found the phone, and that was 3 months ago.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

The services only work if the SIM card is in the phone. If the SIM Card is removed and replaced, you are SOL. This is why you keep your phone locked with a PIN

As for the OP,

It works for my Lumia 900, 810, and 571 almost all of the time. The only time it has not worked is when the phone was in a known dead zone....

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
The services only work if the SIM card is in the phone. If the SIM Card is removed and replaced, you are SOL. This is why you keep your phone locked with a PIN

As for the OP,

It works for my Lumia 900, 810, and 571 almost all of the time. The only time it has not worked is when the phone was in a known dead zone....

Locked with a PIN doesn't stop someone from opening the phone and removing the SIM. :smile:

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Seems like a hit and miss kind of thing. On first query it did not show but pressing it again it was able to locate. I am going to call this server lag or queue time.

Christian Holmstedt

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

As for the OP,

It does have to be turned on too right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077