Problems Copying to SD Card

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
When I USB connect my Lumia 521 to my Windows 8.1 PC and try to copy large files, such as big photo or music folders, the copy process goes about two-thirds of the way and hangs. When I cancel the copy and/or try to use Windows Explorer, the PC hangs and Windows Explorer restarts after I unplug the phone.

I can easily copy anything to the SD card when I plug it into the PC's card reader, so it seems the phone and PC are having a conflict.

Has anyone seen this problem, or even something similar?

ankit3390

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I have also faced that issue several times on my Lumia 720. I have to always put the card in the card reader to copy data onto it.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'd read Nokias have a hard time getting along with SD cards sometimes. I just assumed it's because of the low RAM, which I think yours has, too. The phone also hangs once in a while when it has to do something CPU-intensive. A restart usually fixes it.

I guess I don't mind having to take the card out once in a while to update it. The phone is otherwise a real bargain.

Thanks for the input.

ankit3390

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
You might be right that the issue is due to low RAM as when i copy large amounts of files in groups of small numbers there is no issue. And yes the restart usually resolves the issue but it gives an error on restart that there is some issue with my sd card, so i have to put it in the cards reader and scan drive for errors.
Other than that really loving this phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon