Such a shame the 810 is practically dead - it is a great device.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
You all need to head over to FB and post the following message edited for the target company and the length of service you have with them

Dear T-Mobile,

When windows phone 8.0 was released it was stated that all WP 8 devices would receive a FULL 18 months of support. As the owner of a Lumia 810, I am sorely disappointed that you, Nokia and their parent company Microsoft have failed to deliver on that promise. The last update my phone received was the AMBER update and you have withheld the BLACK update for this device only. As a customer with a long service history (going on nearly 9 years) I just don't understand why you would abandon a piece of your hardware. Is this how you treat loyal customers? If so, it is time to consider changing carriers as even though you have some of the best deals, I do not want to do business with a company that does not take care of it's customers.

Sorry, I'm not going to partake in this. I've been with T-Mobile 12 years and I'm very happy with them. They have always been good to me and my bill is about to get cheaper than it's been in YEARS since I added my friend to my plan with my mother. I could care less that carriers like AT&T have a billion Windows Phone devices because they are a shady company that I would never give my money to. Verizon may have excellent coverage, but so what because they charge an arm and a leg. So, yeah... No. Honestly, I think this is going a little far, especially when it's possible to update to 8.1.

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I'm not going to partake in this. I've been with T-Mobile 12 years and I'm very happy with them. They have always been good to me and my bill is about to get cheaper than it's been in YEARS since I added my friend to my plan with my mother. I could care less that carriers like AT&T have a billion Windows Phone devices because they are a shady company that I would never give my money to. Verizon may have excellent coverage, but so what because they charge an arm and a leg. So, yeah... No. Honestly, I think this is going a little far, especially when it's possible to update to 8.1.

so what you are saying is that you are fine with companies that do not support their products? I'm willing to bet you are just fine with junky GM cars as well right? MS and Nokia and T-Mobile are saying that the blame lies with [insert party here] so the ONLY WAY to fix it is to start holding said companies accountable.. I paid $400 for my phone back in Feb 2013 and I expect to get what I paid for based upon what said companies promised (you know things like 18 months of support FM radio enabled LTE patch etc)

And yes it is possible to update to 8.1 (as I have) but you get NO SUPPORT...and I PAID for it when I bought the phone... funny you mention about shady ATT and Verizon but give T-Mobile a pass.........talk about irony...

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
so what you are saying is that you are fine with companies that do not support their products? I'm willing to bet you are just fine with junky GM cars as well right? MS and Nokia and T-Mobile are saying that the blame lies with [insert party here] so the ONLY WAY to fix it is to start holding said companies accountable.. I paid $400 for my phone back in Feb 2013 and I expect to get what I paid for based upon what said companies promised (you know things like 18 months of support FM radio enabled LTE patch etc)

And yes it is possible to update to 8.1 (as I have) but you get NO SUPPORT...and I PAID for it when I bought the phone... funny you mention about shady ATT and Verizon but give T-Mobile a pass.........talk about irony...

Cars have nothing to do with this, and seeing as I don't even have a driver's license, your analogy means even less to me. T-Mobile has been absolutely awesome to me in all the years I've been with them with the exception of one dishonest rep who helped me at a store when I lost a phone in early 2011. It's ONE phone they stopped supporting. I'm okay with that because there is still the 521 and 925 that are still getting updates through T-Mobile's okay. I don't see why people are getting so bloodthirsty and wanting to switch to a different carrier (who, once again, will charge you a lot more money and overages) just because they stopped issuing updates to the 810. Meanwhile, you've got 8.1 thanks to Microsoft, so I really find it rather silly.

Yes indeed, AT&T and Verizon (especially AT&T as I've read multiple horror stories about them, including from people who worked for them) are very shady. Plus, they're both companies that are known to support right wing crap, so that unto itself makes them unreliable and not at all trustworthy. Can't say the same about T-Mobile or Sprint. Nothing ironic about it at all. Those other carriers are bloodsucking leeches. I 'love' how some people say they're switching from T-Mobile to AT&T. The only thing good about AT&T is the wide selection of Windows Phones they offer. That's it.

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Cars have nothing to do with this, and seeing as I don't even have a driver's license, your analogy means even less to me. T-Mobile has been absolutely awesome to me in all the years I've been with them with the exception of one dishonest rep who helped me at a store when I lost a phone in early 2011. It's ONE phone they stopped supporting. I'm okay with that because there is still the 521 and 925 that are still getting updates through T-Mobile's okay. I don't see why people are getting so bloodthirsty and wanting to switch to a different carrier (who, once again, will charge you a lot more money and overages) just because they stopped issuing updates to the 810. Meanwhile, you've got 8.1 thanks to Microsoft, so I really find it rather silly.

Yes indeed, AT&T and Verizon (especially AT&T as I've read multiple horror stories about them, including from people who worked for them) are very shady. Plus, they're both companies that are known to support right wing crap, so that unto itself makes them unreliable and not at all trustworthy. Can't say the same about T-Mobile or Sprint. Nothing ironic about it at all. Those other carriers are bloodsucking leeches. I 'love' how some people say they're switching from T-Mobile to AT&T. The only thing good about AT&T is the wide selection of Windows Phones they offer. That's it.

then my point went right over the top of your head and as such there is no need to continue this conversation....

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
AT&T and Verizon to a greater degree have a lot better coverage that TM, even if you're in a TM full on green zone it's slow compared to connecting with AT&T - I KNOW my 810 is unlocked and I used my sisters AT&T SIM and every app using data was a lot faster to connect and download data. TM is a lot less that's for sure and almost 8 yrs in I'm staying but to say that TM is a good steward of any Windows phone is not true. TM is as shady as the rest or not as shady as the rest, take your pick it's a mute point. I've had reps tell me things that were not true, and...?
About 4-5 years ago TM was #1 in CS but not anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa