Has Any Metro PCS L521 Users received any Update?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Still have not heard anything for MetroPCS, may be a few days before it shows up's. I checked Nokia Servers and still showing gdr2/amber for MetroPCS. Once again may be a few days, figure T-Mobile roll out to it's 521, then, MetroPCS will get it next.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Did this happen with the Amber gdr2 update? I recall that with the amber update they rolled it out right after mobile.
Still have not heard anything for MetroPCS, may be a few days before it shows up's. I checked Nokia Servers and still showing gdr2/amber for MetroPCS. Once again may be a few days, figure T-Mobile roll out to it's 521, then, MetroPCS will get it next.

Jordan Holloway

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I've been updating my L521 since about 2:15 today, it's been an adventure too. But, I've got the update downloaded and it's not installing. It did this weird thing where the phone installed the update and then restarted and then started installing the update again. Be aware that it stay at 100% on install for 5 minutes and then will restart; I haven't finished updating yet but its going pretty smoothly.

wmpisexciting

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Finally done updating. Strangely it didnt allow me to download on wifi and did on my data. Anyway, it's updated. 2 good things for me: Double tap to wake up and Ability to close the apps.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Success! Finally I got my update. �� Took about an hour. But was well worth the wait. Funny thing though I didn't get a message letting me know I had an update. I had to check manually myself highlight for me: double tap to wake and closing down apps with x this is sweet. 8.1 here I come ��.

soundscan9800

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, little cousin just updated not too long ago as well. Nice to see MetroPCS on board with Windows Phone and releasing prompt update. Sad though that T-Mobile's own EOL'd Lumia 810 won't be seeing this update even though AT&T & Verizon are releasing Black for their versions, which are also EOL'd. Would've been nice to put that great little phone back to use. Anyway, kudos to MetroPCS for releasing same day as T-Mobile.

wmpisexciting

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I had thought 'Double tap' was the feature I missed all these days and was very excited to finally have that. But, after getting that, now I have started feeling, pressing the power button feels faster and convenient lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99