What happened to wifi calling settings after black?

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
My 521 used to have a separate tile for wifi calling with the settings inside of it. Now the tile has disappeared and im having problems sending/receiving picture messages. I have to turn wifi off to use those features. Anyone having the same issues? Does anyone have a xap to download to get it back? The phone had the developer edition so I can sideload an app onto it

RandySmithNY

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, found same problem on our T-Mobile Lumina 521's. Prior to update, had to make sure WiFi calling was turned off for reliable text message operation. Brought that to T-Mobile support's attention, but unfortunately they were clueless. After firmware update, WiFi calling was turned back on without my input (or permission!). I do still have a tile for that ("Wi-Fi Calling"), which is a free T-Mobile app (do a search from the general app list in the store). I don't see a control for WiFi calling in the general Settings section.
And, of course the most frustrating issue is they never fixed the existing problem!

ibenzawla

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I don't seem to have this issue with my Tmobile L521 and in fact my WiFi calling is much more reliable now than before the Black update. The random errors appears to have gone.

Vitte

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Any updates?

Wi-Fi calling is very buggy for me, I had a drop call today (over the phone interview :unhappysweat:). I can't find any settings to disable Wi-Fi calling.

T-Mobile

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers