Nokia 525 with matte back cover and battery life

spacemonkeyx01

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I just got this phone 4 days ago and battery life barely lasts a day.I don't have any games on it or plan to game on it. I am still waiting for it to get better as new battery takes few cycles to get better. But my biggest problem is i have is i got matte back cover instead of shiny one out of the box. I though only 520 got matte and 525 got shiny plastic. My system info says i have total 804 ram instead of 1024 ram (520 has 512 i heard). I got this from trusted phone shop which is in same building as in official nokia service centre here in Nepal.I have nokia warranty card and all. Also by battery during night standby drains 18% to 19%(every night) for last 3 nights with wifi on and only twitter and battery as background task. Is it normal? New to windows phone. Please help!!. Thanks in advance.

FlawlessSayan

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is absolutely normal since 525 has a 1430 mAH battery which is not much of a beast . WiFi also drains the battery so,this is normal! Happy experience with wp8!

wildsdi

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
How did you find out the amount of RAM you have. It is not shown in Extras+Info.
Battery life on regular usage is about 18 hrs. Need to charge everyday.
Recently I'd gone on a trip. After full charge, I switched off wifi, bluetooth and changed network to 2G only. My battery lasted for 2 1/2 days.
Normally I'm on wifi and bluetooth all the time and also on 3G. Hopefully with toggle switches coming with WP8.1, I'll have a better daily battery life.
But for now once a day charging which is not too bad. If battery is really so important, switch off the above 3.
BTW, battery saver option does not seem to help me in the least.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss