Sim card error-please help

Lakes Potter

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Hii...I bought a brand new phone last month. I was having sim card prob since the day 1. Restarting used to do the trick. 20 days after using the ph it suddenly started showing sim card error. I go to Nokia care and they tell me my sim card pin is damaged-not covered under warranty and no warranty from now on. Dont know what to do.. I did not even drop the phone once. What do i do...It was perfect till that morning and the phone is alright except this complaint. Please help....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear of your plight and it seems rather rude that Nokia Care would tell you that it's not under warranty. That doesn't make much sense if the phone is physically damaged and you had nothing to do with it.

I'm guessing your mistake was not taking it to Nokia Care day one or getting another phone once you saw the problem.

If the damage is to the phone and not the SIM card then there's only one solution and that is to have it repaired. Unless you're willing to send off complaint emails to Nokia there's not much anyone here will be able to help you with. It seems a bit wrong to me that you have this issue but you're unfortunately not the first one that stories like this pop up.

Lakes Potter

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Thank u for your reply @N_LaRUE. I think i should atleast try once with the complaint emails....do u have an id i can use? I live in India.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon