Pairing my Nokia phone with my 2520 via Bluetooth

Judith Lewis

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone tell me why my Nokia 710 won't pair with my 2520? I'm not an expert in these things but thought it would be easy, as I have done similar things before. I'm pressing to pair the both, then get the pass code. When I press 'Yes' on my tablet that the two pass codes agree, it tries to connect for some seconds but then my phone tells me my tablet is not supported. It's really frustrating as it should work. My 2520 is set up to receive my phone. What do I need to do to sort this out? Thanks.

Christer Sjaunja

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Pairing of phones via bluetooth is not functional in windows rt, you need to accept connection from rt for each file. Same symptoms with all phones and all variants of windows rt. Internet sharing will work anyway even if the connection seems to disconnect.

Last edited:

Kacey Green

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Internet sharing with gdr 3 and rt 8.1 is setup over bluetooth and then drops thr connection and switches to WiFi, the wife's 2520 did this past month

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
To pair a phone with RT start in devices and printers on the RT. Go to BT on the phone so the phone will be discoverable. On the RT, tap add a device. It will find the phone and then go through pairing. It will not stay connected, makes no difference.
To receive a file on the RT right click the BT icon, select receive a file, start the send on the phone.
To send, on the BT icon select send, select the phone.

taturo

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I haven't been able to connect my 2520 to my car stereo via bluetooth, it won't pair, something it gets the same code on both devices and when trying to pair it just doesn't happen.
Same thing when trying to pair my L920 to my 2520 to the Nokia Storyteller App, the App just crashes when trying to connect the 920.!!!
I think there's a problem with the Lumias bluetooth!!! because my 920 also has a very week perfomance on my car!!

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I haven't been able to connect my 2520 to my car stereo via bluetooth, it won't pair, something it gets the same code on both devices and when trying to pair it just doesn't happen.
Same thing when trying to pair my L920 to my 2520 to the Nokia Storyteller App, the App just crashes when trying to connect the 920.!!!
I think there's a problem with the Lumias bluetooth!!! because my 920 also has a very week perfomance on my car!!

Look at my post above on pairing an RT with the phone, do it the same way on your 2520.

Christer Sjaunja

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Nokia storyteller uses wifi afaik, you need to install the Nokia share app on the phone. If that is not available for 920 you need to do a proxy trick (google it).
It works with my 1020 with no issues.
Link to nokia share: Nokia Share | Appar+spel i Windows Phone Store (Sverige)
I have had no bt problems with other devices than phones (ie music receivers), my 2520 pairs fine with my car stereo and for example Nokia wireless receiver, Nokia 360. It connects fine via bluetooth settings in Metro mode.

Last edited:

Judith Lewis

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all suggestions. Will experiment. Had a look at the website (above) and similar issues there. People not happy with their Nokia phones, especially 710.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss