Stuck on "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes"

jfurstone

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
1st off, thanks for going public in the face of so much "Stupidity" that exists in the Tech Support World, and including manefestations of that same "Stupidity" that is so prevalent these days on this and similar forums from individuals with good intentions who don't take the time to really "READ" what we are posting.

2nd, I'm in the exact same position. My Brand, Spanking new ASUS VIVO TAB tried to update to WIndows 10. Twice now. I purchased the exact same unit from (Name withheld to protect the innocent) and attempted to update to Windows 10 by first, ensuring that ALL the Windows 8.1 updates were downloaded and installed, then second, starting the Windows 10 Update procedure.

3rd, From what information I've been able to glean from the .NET general opinion, the best way I can figure out to reset the tablet is to purchase a Micro USB to Female USB Adapter for around $5.00 so you can plug a USB keyboard into the tablet, restart the Tablet and immeadiately hold down the F9 key on the USB keyboard, and that SHOULD start the recovery process. Stay tuned for coming attractions..
:cool:

Geronn Randall

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I had this exact problem. Hold the power button until complet shutdown, then turn it back on and immediately hold F9 this will start recovery mode, from here you can select a previous point to restore from.

betsy cosgrove

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
- Push power + the button under the volumedown (10sec). The unit is shutting down
- Push the power button to start up (1-3 sec)
- Just before the asus logo press Maj+F7
- In the menu select the advanced options to restore your computer (yuo have the choice either to reactualize or restore to factory settings)

Bye Bye :)
didn't work

Abby Murphy

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I've rebooted multiple times. Tried holding down F8 and F9 on different attempts. It just keeps going to "we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes, don't turn off your computer"

Anyone please help me. this is so frustrating.

rpitt08

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I've rebooted multiple times. Tried holding down F8 and F9 on different attempts. It just keeps going to "we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes, don't turn off your computer"

Holding F9 after a long press power button turn off. Then I hit power to turn on and immediately hold F9 until I got options screen. On waiting for a system restore right now. At least I know I can restore, factory reset, etc if need be. Thanks F9 guy!! Oh, I have an Asus K55N laptop with Windows 8. Good luck!

Wkailey96

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site

Called customer support they told me windows has been ruined and that there was nothing i could do to fix it other than pay $100 to have windows reinstalled on the computer

Moondust536

Dec 2, 2017
Visit site
For about three week my computer was updating do not turn off computer but never went past 8?% finally unplug and started over now it could not complete update do not turn off for a week now ugh , I don't need any updates my son is nine he just plays around and look up stuff for school make it stop HELP

rcmastah

Apr 6, 2018
Visit site
Called customer support they told me windows has been ruined and that there was nothing i could do to fix it other than pay $100 to have windows reinstalled on the computer

If your only option is to reinstall Windows, then don’t pay $100 for it. Microsoft offers a free unactivated version of Windows 10 on their website. Search “Windows 10 ISO” on Google. The first option should be Microsoft’s website. Download the ISO and boot from a USB. The only difference between an activated version of Windows and an inactivated version is that you lose some personalization options.

rcmastah

Apr 6, 2018
Visit site
- Push power + the button under the volumedown (10sec). The unit is shutting down
- Push the power button to start up (1-3 sec)
- Just before the asus logo press Maj+F7
- In the menu select the advanced options to restore your computer (yuo have the choice either to reactualize or restore to factory settings)

Bye Bye :)

This is what I did based off these steps, and it worked for me.

As you’re pressing the power button, hold down Shift and keep pressing the F7 key until you get to a Recovery screen. If you see the ASUS boot logo, you didn’t press Shift and F7 in time. Turn off your T100 and repeat this step. Once in the Recovery screen, press the Start key to enter the BIOS. Go to the very right tab and select “Windows Boot Manager.” It should now say “Working on Features, 100% complete” or something like that. I’m not sure if the progress will be different for you or not. After that, just wait for a while. It might restart 1 or 2 times, but eventually you should see the Windows logon screen. This worked for me, but your mileage may vary.

Hope this helps.

cocovp

Apr 18, 2018
Visit site
I also had this problem, I made the mistake of requesting support from Microsoft through its technical support engineer, they made the processing through Rescue it via online and after a long time of not lifting the operating system, they asked me to restart the machine and So 3 days went by. Until they told me to take the machine to Asus support to install the operating system, that already called my attention, take my notebook to support and after inserting the notebook they inform me that the Mainboard was crossed .... what motivated me to complain to the Technical Support Engineer named Ivonne Ramirez, that having allowed her to do the update procedure of windows 10 on my notebook, she used it in perfect conditions and that now it is not just about installing the Operating System, but that I had "****ed" the notebook since it was inoperative, his Answer was: We only installed software and the problem is hardware. Damn mine to trust my machine with little time of use in a "prestigious" service. Therefore I recommend that you do not trust the solutions via Rescue it online of any support, which may end the same.

Campbell-Kerr

May 22, 2018
Visit site
FYI this is a WINDOWS issue, can happen on any windows machine, not just an Asus. I have not found any solution to getting past this loading screen, and I've googled heaps. If you can't get to the Windows desktop, I think a reload of Windows is the only way.

ROMMEL ESTOYA

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
- push power + the button under the volumedown (10sec). The unit is shutting down
- push the power button to start up (1-3 sec)
- just before the asus logo press maj+f7
- in the menu select the advanced options to restore your computer (yuo have the choice either to reactualize or restore to factory settings)

bye bye :)

thank you so much!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire