Heads up: 8.1 Dev Preview and WiFi calling = issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Just so everyone knows: you should have no expectation that WiFi calling will work with 8.1 Developer Preview.

This feature is more than just an app, and the underlying software / services are not compatible with 8.1 as of yet.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Just so everyone knows: you should have no expectation that WiFi calling will work with 8.1 Developer Preview.

This feature is more than just an app, and the underlying software / services are not compatible with 8.1 as of yet.

It will never work on the 810 T Mobile has to enable it first and they have decided not to.
The 521 and 925 received an OTA patch to enable it from TM, with the 810 you're SOL.

flacoman91_mndd

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
It will never work on the 810 T Mobile has to enable it first and they have decided not to.
The 521 and 925 received an OTA patch to enable it from TM, with the 810 you're SOL.

I have the 925.
Text messages does not work for me, unfortunately. Phone calls seem okay.
Should have tested this on my 521 first. oh well.

kuhio3

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I thought I posted this but if it comes up twice, forgive me.... So for me wifi calling works on my 925.... The problem is that when I leave an area that doesn't have wifi, my cellular data doesn't come back!!!!.. So I always have end up rebooting the phone... For days to resume... Anyone else having a similar problem?

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I thought I posted this but if it comes up twice, forgive me.... So for me wifi calling works on my 925.... The problem is that when I leave an area that doesn't have wifi, my cellular data doesn't come back!!!!.. So I always have end up rebooting the phone... For days to resume... Anyone else having a similar problem?

Try posting or looking on the 925 forum this is the 810 forum and our device doesn't have Wi-Fi calling
Nokia Lumia 925 - Windows Phone Central Forums

Peter Hoffman1

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I enabled the WIFI calling feature on my backup Lumia 521 and tried it for a couple of days , Issues, issues, issues, dropped calls, not able to send images through text messages..There is no WIFI calling feature on my 810 and that is fine with me..

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I enabled the WIFI calling feature on my backup Lumia 521 and tried it for a couple of days , Issues, issues, issues, dropped calls, not able to send images through text messages..There is no WIFI calling feature on my 810 and that is fine with me..

Why are all the 925/521 owners posting on the 810 forum / ;-)

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

try turning cellular data off and then on again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett