HTC 8XT Upgraded to 8.1 Successfully

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Just in case someone didn't want to be first...I've upgraded successfully, moved my apps to my SD card for some breathing room finally! Everything went smoothly, and there are quite a few steps to go through, but it all went great!

book1245

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I first downloaded the 8.1 prep-upgrade, and after that my buttons were useless, apps wouldn't open, and my free storage space was constantly shrinking, so I had to bite the bullet and do a hard reset, since my email and actual phone functions weren't working. My biggest losses were a couple of photos I hadn't backed up yet, and all my Angry Birds progress (don't judge).

After resetting, I'm upgrading to 8.1 right now. It's nearly completed, and I'm excited! I'll be able to slowly earn back my game progress I suppose :p Did I read somewhere that 8.1 would allow true app backup, including game progress? Or did I misread that?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
My storage did shrink down to almost nothing as well, I got several warning messages, but I just let it keep going and it successfully upgraded. I does seem to back up everything first, upload it, then when the upgrade is complete, it downloads all the apps & your app data.

Now that you've done a hard reset and essentially started from a clean slate, I would guess it will install the 'clean' backup, and not the backup from all your saved data.

So, yes it will backup everything, but I am guessing you probably won't get your app data now because the backup will be from the hard reset, not the other one. Hope I'm wrong!

I tried the extra tile width, but those are some seriously small tiles! Usable, but tiny!!! I'm back to the normal width again.

Tony_Offends_U

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Just finished. Little over 10 minutes, not too bad.

Edit: Minor gripe, they changed the charging sound I've been used to hearing for the past 3 years. Hope I can get it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire