Beware removing the SD card

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey every body,

Just wanted to give a heads up of what just happened to me. I took out my SD card to copy over some new music (quicker transfers), but when I put it back in, the phone wouldn't recognize it anymore.

I tried reformatting it as FAT32, exFAT, and NTFS. No go, but with NTFS, at least the phone said it didn't recognize the format, and asked to format it. It failed.

I even tried another SD card, still no go.

Tried resetting the phone, still wouldn't read it. (cool feature now with 8.1, is it restores your tile layout).

Using the NSR to take the phone back to 8.0, the SD card works again.

So now I back to copying my stuff back to the SD card (2000+ songs), and back to the preview.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
it is by FAR more work to remove the card than it is to just actually connect the phone and transfer data....
True. I wanted to put on more music, and possibly get the music database to rebuild to see if that would help with the Music app loading faster.

So now, that I ran across this... be careful. I don't know if this was a one time fluke, or it's indicative of WP8.1, or a firmware issue.

Hate to ask, but anyone else willing to give it a try? Someone with the 810 as a secondary phone?

wiseguywood

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I killed my memory card using 8.0 WP, as of yet, I have not recovered it through any means. It was a 16gb Samsung too.

Damn, my curiosity is getting the best of me, I'm going to see if WP 8.1 sees it on my 810.

UPDATE: My phone actually saw the memory card and said it needed to be formatted, which was fine. It would not. Tried on my Surface RT, same thing, laptop Win 8.1 same. Guess I go back to square one with that card.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa