So how does the 525 handle 1GB required games?

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a Lumia 1020 and 520 I'd like to break away from.

The 1020's lack of SD card slot bums me to no end because the high power, good camera and music playback experience all leave me wanting to do things that battle for the puny 32GB of storage. Have to sacrifice installs for music, have to sacrifice music for shooting pics/vids... then have to sacrifice those to get my installs back on... Lumia 520 has the storage I need, but the 512MB pretty much stops me from installing what I want.

Lumia 525; especially after 8.1, sounds like just what the doctor ordered... but how does it run those higher-end games like Dark Knight Rises, Order & Chaos, NOVA 3, Modern Combat 4 and the like?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
you will have no issues , thanks to 1GB ram but do note that the processor is still slightly lower clocked and the GPU is not as powerful as Lumia 1020 . You might have issues when loading heavy intensive games , but once loaded it will be smooth and fun to play :wink:
there are some issues with temple run 2 game on Lumia 525 and 1320 but the developers are working hard to fix those issues :smile:

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
you will have no issues , thanks to 1GB ram but do note that the processor is still slightly lower clocked and the GPU is not as powerful as Lumia 1020 .
I expected that, but having a significantly lower screen resolution to display across should balance things out. Have you played Modern Combat 4 or NOVA 3 to give a little more detail on how they perform?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
No I haven't but one of pal told me he isn't having any issues except temple run 2. He is enjoying is Lumia 525. You can search on youtube , gaming videos of Lumia 525 :wink:

Prateek Kumar

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I expected that, but having a significantly lower screen resolution to display across should balance things out. Have you played Modern Combat 4 or NOVA 3 to give a little more detail on how they perform?

Yes I have played them in my 525 and they work fine and it's works smooth after you are into the game for a few seconds. At the very beginning you might get lower frame rates that might be unnoticeable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos