Is the 822 still a good investment at this time?

Maurice Alexander

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Greetings y'all! I'm currently a proud owner of a Nokia Lumia 521. It is my first windows phone, had it for about 6 months now and I'm feeling it's time to upgrade to a higher (or mid) end device. Mostly I'm looking for a device that can handle the continuous Windows Phone 8.x updates. Been doing some research and it seems with WP, the norm is to have a least 1GB of RAM (except the 630) and this device does have 1GB of RAM and a precious 8MP with flash camera and a front 1.2 MP front facing camera as well. The only thing that's keeping me off is the screen size. 4.3 inches don't seem big enough for me, 'cause the Lumia 928 has a 4.5 inch screen. (Does it really makes any difference?) So, I would like to know about you experience as a 822 owner.

Thanks in advance y'all.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
It is a great phone. One question, if you are using the 521 then you are on T-Mo, correct? If so, you will have SMS/MMS issues using the 822 on TMO. You might want to look at an 810 instead. If you are in the market for either one PM me.

Maurice Alexander

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
It is a great phone. One question, if you are using the 521 then you are on T-Mo, correct? If so, you will have SMS/MMS issues using the 822 on TMO. You might want to look at an 810 instead. If you are in the market for either one PM me.

I was, but got so fed up because of the poor reception in my area, so I got it unlocked and I'm currently with AT&T. I'm interested on the 822 mostly because it's an "factory unlock" phone. If I'm not wrong, both 822 and 928 are GSM unlocked.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I was, but got so fed up because of the poor reception in my area, so I got it unlocked and I'm currently with AT&T. I'm interested on the 822 mostly because it's an "factory unlock" phone. If I'm not wrong, both 822 and 928 are GSM unlocked.

Yes they are. If you are using it on AT&T then there shouldn't be any problems, as the 822 is a factory unlock phone.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

You will have MMS issues, I tried an ATT card a couple of weeks ago and tried all the different APN settings and no luck. SMS works just fine on ATT. So if you can live with sending pics via email or Whatsapp your are good to go on ATT with the 822. And if you want one, I have two listed in the marketplace in NEW condition.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm still very happy with mine. I've updated to 8.1 and it's running great. I like the physical size plus having a removable battery and expandable storage are big pluses in my opinion. I'm on Verizon so I can't comment on how it would work on AT&T.

Maurice Alexander

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I can live without MMS. I'll checkout the marketplace right now, however, I'm not looking to purchase any device at the moment, I'm waiting for my June bonus to buy one :) Thank you very much for all your help mate!

carfreak715

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I use a Lumia 822 as a media player with an Xbox Music pass, and to be completely honest, it is by far the most solid mid range device I've ever used. (I previously used an HTC Trophy)

The build quality is superb (mine is black) and it's still a pleasure to use even though I haven't done the developer preview of 8.1.

The size of the device is pretty good too, and the screen size is decently sized. Definitely recommended either way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05