Nokia Lumia 822 questions. A soon-to-be WP owner LF info. :D

Persheis

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello all guys!

I just registered in the forums since I'm a soon-to-be proud WP owner, and wanted some feedback regarding my upcoming phone just to be sure.:winktongue:
I'm planning to buy a Nokia Lumia 822 for the cause. I live in Bolivia (and believe me, the Samsung hype hits hard even here) and I was looking for a nice, affordable Windows Phone, and this Lumia in particular seems like the perfect match (also, I've been a sucker for Nokia since the old days).

Regarding the 822, I've heard the Verizon version that is currently in the market is GSM unlocked.
The questions start here:

1.- Currently, my carrier (Entel Bolivia) is using: 2G 850/1900 / HSDPA+ 850/1900 / LTE 700 (with SIM card, GSM, right?). I heard the 822 comes outright unlocked for GSM. Would this phone work with full features under this circumstances without tampering (3rd party unlocking) with it?

2.- Which accessories would you recommend for this type of phone? I usually take care of my stuff, but accidents happen. Hahaha. Cases and screen protectors.

3.- Does this phone come with the wireless charging capability out of the box? I mean, would I only need to buy the charging pad to get it to work?

4.- Is it still a good idea to buy this phone (a lil' old, but still in the best on the price/feature ratio) now? Which alternatives for a nice phone would you recommend? Windows Phone is a must.

5.- I've seen some of these phones in the Marketplace part of the boards. Any particular seller you would recommend?

Thanks in advance for the help! :excited:

accursedvenom

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My boss was going to sell me his 822 (I went and got a 925 instead), but everything I read when researching the 822 said that it IS factory unlocked and as long as it has the bands that the carrier uses, it should work fine.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Look up PhoneArena.com for compatible bands. There might be some SMS MMS issues. These can be found in the 822 threads. You will not need any third party unlocking.

Incipio case is nice and on eBay for $6 USA price. Screen protector is $2 for two of them USA price.

Wireless charging shell is $20 from China. You will need a wireless charging pad $20 on All4cellular.

The price to feature ratio is amazing for this phone. I use the TMO equivalent which is the 810.

If you want one completely bundled let me know. I have many testimonials here and on eBay and Swappa.

Persheis

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Look up PhoneArena.com for compatible bands. There might be some SMS MMS issues. These can be found in the 822 threads. You will not need any third party unlocking.

Incipio case is nice and on eBay for $6 USA price. Screen protector is $2 for two of them USA price.

Wireless charging shell is $20 from China. You will need a wireless charging pad $20 on All4cellular.

The price to feature ratio is amazing for this phone. I use the TMO equivalent which is the 810.

If you want one completely bundled let me know. I have many testimonials here and on eBay and Swappa.
Thanks for the answer. Actually, I'm quite interested in getting one with everything included (like a retail package). A new one works wonders for me, but one slightly used or mint works too.
Contact me on PM, please. :D

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
1.- Currently, my carrier (Entel Bolivia) is using: 2G 850/1900 / HSDPA+ 850/1900 / LTE 700 (with SIM card, GSM, right?). I heard the 822 comes outright unlocked for GSM. Would this phone work with full features under this circumstances without tampering (3rd party unlocking) with it?

- I don't know the bands on this phone, but I live in the Philippines and the phone totally works here.

2.- Which accessories would you recommend for this type of phone? I usually take care of my stuff, but accidents happen. Hahaha. Cases and screen protectors.

I use mine bare

3.- Does this phone come with the wireless charging capability out of the box? I mean, would I only need to buy the charging pad to get it to work?

- You need to purchase a separate wireless charging cover to take advantage of this feature.

4.- Is it still a good idea to buy this phone (a lil' old, but still in the best on the price/feature ratio) now? Which alternatives for a nice phone would you recommend? Windows Phone is a must.

- I chose the Lumia 822 for exactly the same reason, it's affordable but it gives you the full windows phone experience. It packs 1gb of RAM so it plays all the games and apps available in the store.
It gives you the flexibility to add a micro SD card (The high end 920 and 1020 do not have this and was the primary reason why I chose the 822)

Recently updated to Windows Phone 8.1 and all I can say is the experience is rich and a whole lot better.

Oh Ya1

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site

Hi, I apologize for using this old thread, but I figured its best to keep info at the same place. Where did you find this charging shell? I'm not in US, so the $25 amazon listing doesn't apply to me. Also, were you okay with the quality? Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb