Unlocked and wont connect to Verizon

Drayton Mcnew

May 11, 2014
Visit site
So i got the unlock code for the 521 and was going to give it to my mom because she broke her phone on verizon... it knows there is a SIM card in it, it just wont get service... and we get service where we live up to 4G LTE

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Every sim number is connected to a Live account. You either need a live account for your number or you need to reset the phone if you are using another number with another Live account

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
AHHH ok makes sense i feel dumb .-. i didnt even think about that

Don't feel so dumb :) It WILL work the other way around... You can use any LTE Verizon phone with AT&T/T-Mobile (or other international GSM carriers). As they DO support GSM. But the 521 is a GSM phone, and won't connect to Verizon's CDMA network.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Every sim number is connected to a Live account. You either need a live account for your number or you need to reset the phone if you are using another number with another Live account
Uh. No. You can setup the phone with the proper network, and never put a Live account on it. You just don't get features like the App Store or other features that require a connection to Microsofts servers. The flip side, is that you can still use it as a media player without a network or sim connection. You obviously won't get phone calls or text or mobile data, but offline things like music or pictures will work perfectly.
Live account has nothing at all to do with your phone number or SIM.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro