Lumia 521 to Galaxy Nexus....

jms_209

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I used to have a galaxy exhibit 2 and that phone went down hill after maybe a year of use.
The screen would freeze,not respond for 1-2 minutes, overheat,apps lags, even music, etc....

Then I bought the lumia 521 and my problems where gone...... at least for the 9 months I've owned it.
Until the latest update WP8.1,worked fine for maybe a week.

This has made the phone almost the same as my old android phone.
The xbox music takes 1-2 minutes to scan my music every time it's closed.
Third party music apps do the same thing, only worse.
Very, very bad lag...... press a key and it registers 1-3 seconds after.
Way too many resuming screens, I get them when using 2-4 apps,takes sometimes 10 seconds and then it restarts the app. -_-

Sometimes I get an infinite resuming loop,tries to go to home screen, and just loops.
Only can be fixed by quitting all my apps....
I've reset it many times already and nothing, cleared temp. Have installed NO new apps since the update.

Might be a mistake going to android, but at least I know the phone is good, by first hand use.
I only open maybe 10 apps a day and even that seems like too much now for my lumia.
Plus having a chromecast,now I can actually use it lol
Also WWE Network app.

Pretty sure the ram is the bottleneck for the lumia 521, but the nexus only cost my $100!(same as lumia 521)
Funny things is I will still put a WP8 launcher or Nokia X skin!
Anyways I will still keep my lumia for a backup.

kylezangel

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
You do realize they're is a reason it's called "PREVIEW" for developers? It's by no means the final build. It's an excellent strategy in my opinion as it lets MS hear about bugs from the user's experience(in your case Xbox music lag, app resuming, etc) and therefore it allows them to address those bugs and issues before the final release of 8.1(when will that be btw?)

So my point is, don't criticize 8.1 yet...it's only a preview! Wait for the final build, maybe a few GDR's, and then see if lagdroid is still worth it

jms_209

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
You do realize they're is a reason it's called "PREVIEW" for developers? It's by no means the final build. It's an excellent strategy in my opinion as it lets MS hear about bugs from the user's experience(in your case Xbox music lag, app resuming, etc) and therefore it allows them to address those bugs and issues before the final release of 8.1(when will that be btw?)

So my point is, don't criticize 8.1 yet...it's only a preview! Wait for the final build, maybe a few GDR's, and then see if lagdroid is still worth it

From what I've heard, it's the Final version! sent out to carriers to implement. They might update it in 2-5 months. tmobile also not very good with updates.... so not sure if we'll get an official tmobile build.

Only $100,so not too bad. I'll come back every week to look for any new updates.
When I can't even use the browser and listen to music without waiting for 20 seconds resuming screens,that's not good.

Again the Nexus I have a friend who let me borrow it for a bit, not much "lag".
He has a couple off apps clearing ram and cache automatically.

kylezangel

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
From what I've heard, it's the Final version! sent out to carriers to implement. They might update it in 2-5 months. tmobile also not very good with updates.... so not sure if we'll get an official tmobile build.

Only $100,so not too bad. I'll come back every week to look for any new updates.
When I can't even use the browser and listen to music without waiting for 20 seconds resuming screens,that's not good.

Again the Nexus I have a friend who let me borrow it for a bit, not much "lag".
He has a couple off apps clearing ram and cache automatically.

There is never a final version for software lol. When wp8 came out, it wasn't the final version. It got updated with the Amber and Black updates which added to the OS.

Plus, MS hasn't officially released 8.1, they've only let out the developer preview. And with all the Xbox updates recently, who knows what we'll see in July or whenever it's released

jms_209

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
There is never a final version for software lol. When wp8 came out, it wasn't the final version. It got updated with the Amber and Black updates which added to the OS.

Plus, MS hasn't officially released 8.1, they've only let out the developer preview. And with all the Xbox updates recently, who knows what we'll see in July or whenever it's released

Should of worded it better....... It's the version that is used as the base for other carriers.
Sure it will get updates, but even now apps get updates through the store.

Well, I can't have a phone that decides it's going to go on a "resuming" loop without notice........ so until it's fixed I'll make due with the nexus.
Listening to music is mostly what I do and now that isn't easy anymore.

I love using WP8, but at least until these issues are sorted,I'll switch phones.

Warren_S

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I recently jumped ship from my Lumia 521 to a Verizon Moto G. I was having too many problems with the Windows music player and that was the final straw. It's nice with the Moto G where everything works and the apps are speedy enough. But going back to Android really made me appreciate the the Windows User Interface and how easy it is to use. It's very fast to operate with one hand and easy to figure out exactly where you are at a glance. For example, when I open the Android native music player it takes my brain a while to figure out exactly "where I am" within the app, how do I quickly find an artist, or just one song, or a playlist. With Windows, it's a glance and you know where you are, and how to get where you want without having to press, like in the Android player, some "tiny, complicated" menu pull down at the top left (too far for my thumb). I hope windows keeps the goal of simple, quick and easy interface design. It's superior in my opinion.

I really want a 4.5" screen (Like the Moto G) but in a budget based Windows phone. I'm hoping the Lumia 630/635 comes to a prepaid carrier. And Oh yea....I hope the d*mn thing works too.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I recently jumped ship from my Lumia 521 to a Verizon Moto G. I was having too many problems with the Windows music player and that was the final straw. It's nice with the Moto G where everything works and the apps are speedy enough. But going back to Android really made me appreciate the the Windows User Interface and how easy it is to use. It's very fast to operate with one hand and easy to figure out exactly where you are at a glance. For example, when I open the Android native music player it takes my brain a while to figure out exactly "where I am" within the app, how do I quickly find an artist, or just one song, or a playlist. With Windows, it's a glance and you know where you are, and how to get where you want without having to press, like in the Android player, some "tiny, complicated" menu pull down at the top left (too far for my thumb). I hope windows keeps the goal of simple, quick and easy interface design. It's superior in my opinion.

I really want a 4.5" screen (Like the Moto G) but in a budget based Windows phone. I'm hoping the Lumia 630/635 comes to a prepaid carrier. And Oh yea....I hope the d*mn thing works too.

It will be coming out on MetroPCS, (and you could get the T-Mobile version to work on any of their MVNO's without having to unlock it). AT&T will also be getting the 635, but no word if their prepaid brand Cricket will (I assume it will, though I have nothing to back this up). Expect a price range in the $150 area, though MetroPCS often has rebates.

jms_209

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I will likely upgrade in September if it's for tmobile.512 of ram is the problem I have. Also the lock screen slide to unlock,is WAY faster on wp8 than android. My windowsphone feels more fluid.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I will likely upgrade in September if it's for tmobile.512 of ram is the problem I have. Also the lock screen slide to unlock,is WAY faster on wp8 than android. My windowsphone feels more fluid.

Yeah, the 635 will only have 512 MB of RAM. If you are on T-Mobile, you can look to get the 810 or 925, both with 1 GB of RAM and now are pretty affordable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077