6 Months Later Lumia 2520 or Surface 2

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
So it's been 6 months since the two awesome W8 tablets launched. Who won? What has truly been the better tablet?

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Can't compare the two,I have a surface 2 and dell venue pro 8. I love them both... I do take mt venue 8 out more now... Not for legacy apps... I use the venue more for ita portability. The surface two with kickstand /keyboard is my laptop replacement as I will vpn to another computer I'd needed... Other than that I will use my xps13 or desktop.

The surface two is rugged and just awesome. The Nokia is very slick and gorgeous, but for me the surface 2 beat it out with kickstand, keyboard options, USB port, and build material.

jraad9

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I love my 2520, I got it because of the Nokia branding and software compatibility with my 1520, the gorgeous and vivid screen, LTE, the nice set of speakers on the front and the super fast charging times! With the power keyboard it's even better, battery life all day and night even working it to the bone, with great protection and a stand!

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Can't compare the two,I have a surface 2 and dell venue pro 8. I love them both... I do take mt venue 8 out more now... Not for legacy apps... I use the venue more for ita portability. The surface two with kickstand /keyboard is my laptop replacement as I will vpn to another computer I'd needed... Other than that I will use my xps13 or desktop.

The surface two is rugged and just awesome. The Nokia is very slick and gorgeous, but for me the surface 2 beat it out with kickstand, keyboard options, USB port, and build material.

Yeah the kickstand is still beast. I have the 2520 and I'm kinda jealous about the kickstand and touch/type cover colors. They are really awesome.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I love my 2520, I got it because of the Nokia branding and software compatibility with my 1520, the gorgeous and vivid screen, LTE, the nice set of speakers on the front and the super fast charging times! With the power keyboard it's even better, battery life all day and night even working it to the bone, with great protection and a stand!

This past March I used my Lumia on trip with my doctoral cohort. I used it all day long, I mean really used it. Recording video/audio, taking notes, writing papers. Really all day. When I got back to my room at night (10pm) it still had tons of life left. The power keyboard just does it for me. I know I don't have the kickstand, but the power keyboard, quick charging, and it's smooth feel in the hand with the skinny parts of the back/hump in the middle. I love Nokia branding. What's going to be interesting to see is if MS stores begin to sell "Nokia" 2520 successor (if there is one).

jraad9

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
This past March I used my Lumia on trip with my doctoral cohort. I used it all day long, I mean really used it. Recording video/audio, taking notes, writing papers. Really all day. When I got back to my room at night (10pm) it still had tons of life left. The power keyboard just does it for me. I know I don't have the kickstand, but the power keyboard, quick charging, and it's smooth feel in the hand with the skinny parts of the back/hump in the middle. I love Nokia branding. What's going to be interesting to see is if MS stores begin to sell "Nokia" 2520 successor (if there is one).

It really is an amazing machine on the battery and usability front. You could use it all day in the bright sun and when it finally is about to die, charge it for an hour and it will have so much juice it would easy outlast anything, its ridiculous. And I think they will, they know there are people that aren't fans of Microsoft and will buy the Lumia tablet on name and look, even if they know its all still Microsoft now. The surface reminds me of the iPhone 5s and the Lumia the 5c; 5s is more pricy, fancy looking and appeals to the want the best crowd. While the Lumia/5c is that colorful more personal one (I so wanted that cyan or white one they showed off!), that does everything you need, but cheaper and with more flare. And if they don't make another Lumia, then that's one less device running rt, one less choice and one less thing to make people feel the rt is worth it in the end.

fieldbaker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
It really is an amazing machine on the battery and usability front. You could use it all day in the bright sun and when it finally is about to die, charge it for an hour and it will have so much juice it would easy outlast anything, its ridiculous. And I think they will, they know there are people that aren't fans of Microsoft and will buy the Lumia tablet on name and look, even if they know its all still Microsoft now. The surface reminds me of the iPhone 5s and the Lumia the 5c; 5s is more pricy, fancy looking and appeals to the want the best crowd. While the Lumia/5c is that colorful more personal one (I so wanted that cyan or white one they showed off!), that does everything you need, but cheaper and with more flare. And if they don't make another Lumia, then that's one less device running rt, one less choice and one less thing to make people feel the rt is worth it in the end.

How much cheaper is 2520 in your country? 2520 is almost double the price as Surface 2 in my country, so i ended up buying Surface.

jraad9

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
How much cheaper is 2520 in your country? 2520 is almost double the price as Surface 2 in my country, so i ended up buying Surface.

$499, the surface appears to be slightly cheaper now which wasn't the case when the 2520 was released. At your price rate, I would have gotten the surface too, I love my Lumia, but not at almost double the price point.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

You could always do eBay. I know people think differently about buying something gone eBay but I've had all great experiences. I've bought 2 2520's (one for my wife and I) with matching power keyboards, a 920, and I just bought a 1520 in mint condition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99