Lumia 810 Unlock

olliesub

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Lumia 810 from ebay and was wondering how to get it unlocked. I am obviously not eligible for a t-mobile unlock, so I am looking for alternatives. Would it work if I bought 60 days worth of prepaid service and then request for an unlock? As for third party services, are they even legal in the US? I haven't kept track with the whole unlocking scene lately, so I'm still not sure on what is allowed and what isn't. Thanks for your responses :)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is this legal in the US? I've seen some t-mobile support threads suggesting it, but don't know the legality of it... wish the law was a little more clear. :p

individuals are super-unlikely to be targeted by the vague law.
its in a grey area as of now.

you can buy a code without worry, its the sellers that would have to watch their back.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
In my experience, cellunlocker is legit, i bought 3 unlock codes from them, first for my AT&T Samsung WM... yeah before all the hype with Android and stuff, then a Rogers Nokia C3 and the last one was the Lumia 521 T-Mobile, but be aware with the waiting time, it took more than 2 months to get the unlock code for the L521. Just do some research before choosing any unlock service.

Don't worry about the legal concern.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I think 3-6 months after a carrier EOL's a phone they should carrier unlock ALL of them without asking for the code. But we know that will never happen :(

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
T-Mo only requires 40 days of service for a device to be unlocked. This means you could just pony up $80+taxes for 2 months of the Simple Starter package and have your device unlocked 1/2 way through the second month - for no added charges.

Third party unlockers have had tons of trouble getting codes from T-Mobile since there are so many 'non-paid' devices that are out there now from their Jump and Payment programs.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got unlock codes directly from T-Mobile for my 810 and 925 about two or so weeks ago. I haven't switched carriers, but when I used the H2O Wireless SIM I got just for the unlocking, popped it into each phone and entered the unlock codes, it said "code accepted," so I guess my phones are now unlocked. :smile:

Yakko Warner

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
@metalchick719: What route did you go through to get unlock codes from T-Mobile? I've been having a difficult time figuring out who to contact to get codes for my devices.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Out of curiosity, what type of connectivity did you get with the H2O SIM in your 810? 3G, 4G, Edge? I'm thinking of bailing off T-Horrible because of their crappy phone support and have looking H2O as a possible route.

810 is not likely to get better support on H20:)
Unlockcode247 is awesome, try them.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
@metalchick719: What route did you go through to get unlock codes from T-Mobile? I've been having a difficult time figuring out who to contact to get codes for my devices.

I started a live chat with a rep on T-Mobile's website. It only took a few minutes and a few days later, I got my codes. Completely pain-free.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity, what type of connectivity did you get with the H2O SIM in your 810? 3G, 4G, Edge? I'm thinking of bailing off T-Horrible because of their crappy phone support and have looking H2O as a possible route.

None because I never activated the H2O SIM. I just got it so that I could enter the unlock codes since I was told they wouldn't work with my T-Mo SIM. "T-Horrible," really now?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
810 is not likely to get better support on H20:)
Unlockcode247 is awesome, try them.
I know that none of the other carriers will be able to provide updates for the 810, other than what T-Mo offers. Just shopping around. Would like to stick around the $30-$40 range with more talk minutes, but trying to keep at much data as possible, and allows tethering. I'm currently on the $30 pre-paid plan with T-Mo (100 min talk, Unlimited Text, 5Gb data)

"T-Horrible," really now?
Why not?!?!? The phrase has been used by myself and others in previous posts ;)

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Believe me, I've noticed. That phrase makes me roll my eyes. I find T-Mobile to be the exact opposite of "horrible."
Everyone has their own experiences. I don't recommend trying their support for billing via voice call... That's a LONG story for a simple question I had awhile back, that I won't go into detail. Then the bouncing around trying to research the firmware issues, again, not worth going into details.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Is this legal in the US? I've seen some t-mobile support threads suggesting it, but don't know the legality of it... wish the law was a little more clear. :p

TMO has always let us easily unlock their phones, even when it was illegal. They did two of mine about six months ago. Since the process uses a real live person, you may be able to convince them to supply the code even if not a customer. I was told I could unlock only one phone per call, but talked her into doing both.

Not sure why you would be buying an 810 if you weren't going to be on TMO or MetroPCS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss